+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    Dibs on Tony's cast-offs...

They'll be better than my finished product.
    Now you're just being silly, Kurt. I don't think you want all 103.8 pounds of it! Yeah, over one hundred pounds and not a filled locker, water tank, no ceiling strips, nothing! I wasn't even done adding cabinets and storage up front yet!!! Hopefully things will work out a little better this go around. But heck yeah, Kurt, they're all yours. Pick up or deliver?

I've been giving some thought to really changing-up the cabin layout from where we're at now. I like the open forecabin layout of the smaller Gozzard's, Nor Sea, Flicka type interiors. Of course that would require two major changes (at least) from the current layout. First would be doing away with the strongback and main bulkhead. Easy enough to tear them out and install a compression post. And I really, really like the idea of opening up the cabin that way. But that would really hinge upon part 'B' which would be adding an enclosed head by the main hatch. So to that extent I mocked-up some cardboard bulkheads and made another attempt at defining a space for the head. Now I've done this once before but it's been a number of years since that try and for some reason I guess I thought something had changed with the hull shape and size since then... No surprise. It just will not fit. Well the bulkheads will fit but then I won't fit inside the space.

I used the opening of the sliding hatch to define fore and aft bulkhead placement and then used the space between the two portlites as the location for the athwartship bulkhead. It really took a chunk out of the interior! But if one opened up the fore cabin it wouldn't seem that cramped to me. However, with these dimensions the head compartment wouldn't be functional. This brings me to the conclusion that one would have to move the hatch over 5-6inches port or starboard to use the same landmarks for bulkhead placement. I wouldn't hesitate a minute to do that if I hadn't allready put the seahood, rails and dodger coamings on. Maybe we can talk Frank into doing this. I think Marvin Gaye said it best, Let's get it on...
    Attached Images        
    Last edited by Tony G; 05-17-2010 at 08:40 AM.
    My home has a keel.

+ Reply to Thread