+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Hybrid View

The outfeed table didn't fit through the door of my old shop so we cut the legs off! So they had to be reattached. That was a rebuild. Also because of space constraints, more than a foot had to be cut off of the length. I just added plastic around the bottom this weekend in an effort to keep vast amounts of saw dust from settling on the tools stored under the work top.
    Attached Images    
    Last edited by Tony G; 10-22-2011 at 08:43 PM.
    My home has a keel.

Until the mahogany rails and rub-rails go on the boat there is a need to store the 14'-6" lengths somewhere, somehow. So I decided to make an extra long miter saw table with storage below it. The fences are removable, and, the whole thing separates into two 24" x 72" tables and the 24" spanner that the saw is mounted to. It seemed like a good spot for a router insert as well being most pieces I shape are either lengthy or else small enough to fit on a 24" wide table. There is a separate fence for the router.
    Attached Images        
    My home has a keel.

I never would have thought of doing this mod, but, I saw a picture of someone else's project that used a stock craftsman tablesaw stand and I just happened to have one lying about. Besides, the drill press comes with a dangerously small bed. The block under the drill bit can be lifted out and replaced when it gets too chewed up. Or you can put in a custom block if you have chucked a sanding drum.

Instead of "T" track I used 3/4" x 1/2" channel to add a fence and/or hold downs.
    Attached Images  
    My home has a keel.

+ Reply to Thread