Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Threaded View

Imprinting

General call for imput here. Shortly after bringing 113 home I notices what looked to be a long, nasty repair job on the port side of her hull. Given the location I guessed someone took a glancing blow somewhere along the line and who really cares now because she had been repaired (less than flawlessly) so you wouldn't notice it twenty feet away. Then one day I happened to notice a scar on the starboard side too! In the process of taking some pretty thorough measurements before starting my chop job it became apparent that those 'scars' were directly behind the stringers that run for and aft through the main cabin. Imprinting! My dangerous little mind thought.
    Digging around for information I've found gobs of it out there. Opinions Galore (remember that James Bond movie?) but I want to know what this group's members think. I spent the morning working with some dense, rigid material that I would call styrofoam but who really knows what the stuff is called now. It doesn't crush more than 1/32"(ish) under my full weight with a 3/4" edge riding on it and later today I'll give it the epoxy resin melt test.
    Please give freely and liberally, your opinions.
    Tony G
    Attached Images