Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Threaded View

Ebb,
    We'll have the weird science thing going on in 113. Running our own experiment that is. The lower aft chainplate knees were bonded directly to the hull and when I get to laying tabbing I'm just going to follow the same schedule as I'm putting down elsewhere. So, only in the end will we know if the styro will make a difference on the main bh.

When we were busy cutting things apart I noticed that the wood components of the knees, bulkheads and berths were not bonded directly to or riding on the hull except for some ares where the funky, blue colored 'bondo' wads were here and there. I'd have to say the bulk of the strength/ rigidity/ integrity whatever we want to call it came from the tabbing. Somewhere here I have a pic I snapped just after removing one side of the main bh and you can kind of make out the 3/8" to 1/2" high ridges of tabbing sticking up and when I cut through I was cutting under the plywood.

I ain't no lawyer neither, Ebb. I like to think we're among friends here Actually, I have lawyers, Feds and spooks in my family, we don't understand each other very well Tony G
    Last edited by Tony G; 09-18-2003 at 06:48 AM.