Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Threaded View

Er....
    Tony, doesn't this picture right above us here (264)
    show a bump-up sea hood almost like 338s? It's a hatch garage - correct?
    Mine is also pretty tall and that aesthetic Nag became agitated. But I prevailed!
    "Form follows function, you fool..." Stuff like that.
    Which may be the reason you're cannibalizing yours?

Takes courage to do something over again. Because we were SO sure the first time....

What I've been mulling over though is to use the height of my hood, there is a good argument to convert the forward volume where the hatch doesn't go into a dorade - two 3" cowls positioned near the sides and a single 4"D opening below in the middle. Would guess drainage would be quite efficient with the opening vent on the very top of the coach roof crown.

Buried somewhere in my notes:
    Positive it was a well established designer that came up with the formula and drawings for a dorade that DRAWS IN air - it had to do with cowl size, interior volume, where the baffles are and how restrictive, and the opening to the inside. Some dorades work too passively.
    Access plates and the cowl are big expenses these days. One idea I like is to install access/mounting ring directly over the hole inside - so that the cowl can be moved there for straight through air.

Watch that jig-saw! Beautiful works there Tony ----- keep her going!!
    Last edited by ebb; 07-23-2008 at 04:56 AM.