Bill:

I'm afraid that I don't have any photos. I used three 26" stanchions per side. I mounted them pretty much in the same locations shown in my copy of the Commander deck layout blueprint that I inherited with the boat. I did not attach them to the bowsprit. Instead, I mounted the forward lifeline turnbuckle to a block of mahogany I expoxied and bolted to the deck. The first and second stanchions precede and follow the shrouds and the lifelines, as I recall, passed between the upper and lower shrouds. It never caused a problem for me. When I bought them, Ron was only making the model with the big integral studs, rather than the bolt-on model he also makes now. The studs are big, but in a Commander only the center stanchion studs were in a visible locdation. Don't know how that would work in an Ariel. The stanchions come with very nice aluminum backing plates, but I used 3/4 inch plywood under the aluminum backing plates to spread the load further. My Commander is on the hard not too far from my new boat, so if you need more precise details, I can swing by and take some measurements for you.