+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commander #65 "Lucky Dawg"

Hybrid View

commandertobe Guest
    Yeah, that trailer doesn't look like Tony G's, does it? It does have two axles. I initially thought it was one, but the second is hiding in the weeds. Surveyor is assessing the trailer as well. I have ready access to a steel fabricator, so it just has to make the trip once and I can upgrade or scavenge.

Green Bay to Grand Haven is a good 400 miles by road or, more invitingly, sailing up Green Bay, slipping through the Sturgeon Bay Ship Canal through the Door County peninsula, and a long southeasterly traverse of Lake Michigan, is a nice little 179 mile shakedown cruise. The winds are predictably favorable (the direction anyway) for the trip, but the less predictable seas could be more than I've experienced. I am a pretty handy small craft sailor, but that is a trip I would need assistance sailing safely. I'll troll for any takers provided this sale moves forward.

Crossing my fingers,
    Kyle
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by commandertobe; 04-10-2007 at 12:37 PM.

commandertobe Guest
    Survey was good: "You could eat out of the bilge... professional work... he clearly respected this boat... surprisingly good condition... nice job on the varnish work... slight moisture elevation at one chainplate... 91 yamaha runs like a top..." Two problems are old sails and he valued the trailer as scrap metal. Neither will inhibit this sale - I figure nothing's perfect with a 43 year old boat (nothing's quite perfect on my 43 year old bones either.) Sounds like I'll be sailing her home rather than driving. I will finalize things today and reintroduce her to you ASAP!

+ Reply to Thread