+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commander #65 "Lucky Dawg"

Hybrid View

Gee Jerry... if your gearing up... why make just one?
    (hint, hint)

Mike

I'm not gearing up right now I have too many "need to" things to do to get Destiny back in the water before I start doing the "want to" things but when I do I might be convinced to do a small production run. I'll let you know when I do gear up.
    JERRY CARPENTER - C147
    A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiam.

Hey Jerry, Thanks. Definitely enjoying the "fruits." And no problemo for some pix of the grate. I picked up my trailer today to deliver to the welder. It is a little wobbly and I want to reinforce the bow supports. ...Anyway, while up there, I took a bunch of pictures. They're posted here: http://www.pearsonariel.org/discussi...3676#post23676

Had planned to meet up with my stinkboater friends yesterday (including my family) - they were to speed several boats up from Grand Haven to Muskegon Lake (13 miles or so up Lake Michigan) for a lakeside lunch at a fun restaurant called Docker's. Very unexpectedly, an ominous fog bank rolled in. Thick as pea soup and not remotely safe to navigate - so I was on my own. It never ate up Muskegon Lake where the sun was blazing, but you can see its creepy fingers peeking over the dunes that separate Muskegon Lake from Lake Michigan.

6 or 8 kts, so I flew my big light reacher. 80 degrees and beautiful sunshine. Supposed to be 30 degrees cooler next weekend.

Couple notes: I don't miss the lifelines or pushpit one bit. My drainage hole expansion in the Laz did not one thing to facilitate drainage - except that it looks a little cleaner. Same water volume, but it probably just enters and exits more freely. (Edit - this fix for this is post 17 in the "Balance advice and input" thread)

Name:  IMG_1297.jpg
Views: 1263
Size:  10.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1298small.jpg
Views: 1147
Size:  146.3 KB Name:  IMG_1301small.jpg
Views: 1144
Size:  106.4 KB Name:  IMG_1300small.jpg
Views: 1127
Size:  122.8 KB
    Last edited by Lucky Dawg; 10-25-2011 at 07:06 PM.

Now see that's what I'm talking about!!!! Looks like it was a great day to be on the water.

That fog is no fun to sail in. And when it pops up in the middle of the day it is even more surprising. A couple of years ago I Took my niece for a sail out to Anclote key from Tarpon Springs. We got out to the island and beached the boat so my wife and my niece could walk up to the lighthouse and back. In the time it took them to do that we had very heavy fog roll in and we had to sail back in the stuff. I sure was glad I had a GPS that day.

I appreciate you posting the pics, I look forward to them.
    JERRY CARPENTER - C147
    A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiam.

+ Reply to Thread