+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commander #65 "Lucky Dawg"

Hybrid View

...and yadda, yadda, yadda, She's all back together

My oh my oh my.

This was one beast of a job. Please remind me never to do it again. I never tracked the hours - I would just quantify them as a mind-numbingly large number.
    Proud of the outcome, for sure. Feels a bit like the "lost summer" of 2011.

Mast stepping in the AM.

Quick notes: A couple items didn't make the must-do list such that we could get at least one sail in before Sadie starts school on Tuesday.
    Such as:
    1) skipped the rub rail. I ordered and have in my possession a nice Eagle Moulding vinyl backer for my stainless rub rail. With the time clock ticking, my choices were delay sailing to do the whole job right, just install the stainless and repatch reinstall both over the winter, or skip both now and make it a winter project. #3 wins. Will just have to be careful to keep her safe from damage.
    2) the handrails will go back on top of the cabin. An easy job at the dock if/when I have time this fall. Trimming the new bungs to fit and therefore sealing the fore and aft holes on the railings would have, again, taken another step.... time...
    3) I screwed up the traveller placement. Will detail later. I have a good idea for an easy and tasty fix though. Stay tuned.
    4) the aft legs of the pulpit are misplaced and I have to figure out how to fix that screw up.
    (For the most part, #3 and #4 are the only significant errors I've made.)
    5) skipped reapplying VC17 - a two month season can do without, but I do miss that brand new copper bottom appearance.

I did a good job (B+, I'd say) bagging and protecting my reusable screws and bolts, etc. Some things just mysteriously disappeared. Lots of trips to the hardware store to buy stainless piecemeal. The cashier knows my name now....

Several weeks ago, Sadie says to me "Hey Dad - um, next Spring, how 'bout we have Lucky Dawg all ready to sail so we can sail in the summer!" Thanks for that little pointer! Duly noted.

Pictures below
    Last edited by Lucky Dawg; 09-02-2011 at 08:34 PM.

Views: 1458
Size:  52.4 KB

+ Reply to Thread