+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commander #65 "Lucky Dawg"

Hybrid View

Plastic connector thru-hull isn't really right for any underwater hole.

Maralon would be OK.

Years ago, the first big purchase for littlegull was a 'forward looking' sounder.

Dug a hole in the stem for the rather large transducer, that entered the hull

right where the curved front of the cabin is on deck. The Interphase must be

obsolete by now, so don't know what I'm to do with that hole. Hope I remember

at splash.

All patched up. Glassed a 3 layer sandwich of glass inside the bilge. Cut a <2" round plug from some solid 1/2" fiberglass that Torresen's had laying around and plugged the hole with that plus thickened epoxy. 3 layer glass sandwich over that plug. (pictured) and then epoxy with light fairing beads to make an nice smooth surface on the keel (picture 2) 4 coats of Interlux barrier coat to come tomorrow - a pain to get it up to 10 mils (can says that is 4 coats) because it's 3 hours between coats and each batch has to sit after mixing for 20 minutes before application. Lots of 40 minute round trips to the boat tomorrow. If I can slap some VC17 on it first thing Monday AM, I may be able to relaunch Monday lunchtime. Fingers crossed.

Name:  patched.jpg
Views: 1199
Size:  101.9 KB Name:  faired.jpg
Views: 1209
Size:  78.6 KB

Nicely done. Be sure you coat the 410 with some of that grey 2000.

+ Reply to Thread