+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commander #65 "Lucky Dawg"

Hybrid View

Kyle - well done and thanks for sharing! I'm sure each sail this season will be all the sweeter with all that work behind you.

Sometimes it seems like we have to earn the privilege to sail these boats...
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Quote Originally Posted by mbd View Post
    Sometimes it seems like we have to earn the privilege to sail these boats...
    Thanks guys. Funny you should say that, Mike - have always given the nod to the POs for Lucky Dawg's beautifully preserved state, but I really do feel a (hard earned) sense of personal pride in the her present status. Really excited to sail on Sunday morning.
    Last edited by Lucky Dawg; 09-03-2011 at 11:13 AM.

My only real screw up. I obviously placed this traveler track in the wrong place. In my frenzy to get launched on Friday, I just wasn't thinking about the cam cleats that sit in front here. I'll use 1/2" or 3/8" mahogany that I will trim to 4'x4"(ish) to lay flat here - then I'll put the traveller and cleats atop it. I figure of all places to screw up, this is the most easily fixable.

Name:  IMG_0062small.jpg
Views: 1243
Size:  33.2 KB
    Last edited by Lucky Dawg; 09-05-2011 at 07:21 AM.

AHHHHHHH!!!! A beautiful sail yesterday. Too windy for Amy (she tops out at about 8kts), but I had great crew nonetheless. Steady 16kts for a nice ride.

Name:  IMG_0075small.jpg
Views: 1286
Size:  211.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0067small.jpg
Views: 1292
Size:  234.2 KB
    Last edited by Lucky Dawg; 09-05-2011 at 07:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread