+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commander #65 "Lucky Dawg"

Hybrid View

Pretty... but sinking!

Well, I didn't expect this! Client cancelled today and I went up to Lucky Dawg's slip to just noodle around. Had noticed some water pooling under the stbd bunk inspection port for a year or so. Figured it was just finding its way in - water is tricky like that. When I got there today, there was a good bit more water. Side stays were dusty dry, couldn't find any other intrusion points. Checked the sink seacock and YIKES! Water bubbling in at a pretty good clip. Yaddayaddayadda, Torresen's pulled her with the Travelift.

With some direction from the Torresen's guys, I pulled the thru hull, pulled the seacock, sanded down the mahogany spacer, disassembled, cleaned, and greased all of the seacock parts, and put it all back together. Hopefully, I can loosely reinstall on Saturday with some 4200, tighten down on Sunday.... and hopefully relaunch on Monday.

Had I not had a cancellation today, who knows how deep she would have sunk before Monday when I planned to return!!! Holy Moley!

photos... You can see where the lower, forward through bolt was leaking - greenish drip line.

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 2447
Size:  110.9 KBName:  unnamed (1).jpg
Views: 2427
Size:  178.2 KBName:  unnamed (2).jpg
Views: 2437
Size:  153.7 KB
    Attached Images  

and...

Name:  unnamed (4).jpg
Views: 2339
Size:  50.5 KB Name:  unnamed (6).jpg
Views: 2292
Size:  122.9 KB

Scary to see sunlight through your hull! Name:  unnamed (7).jpg
Views: 2307
Size:  116.6 KB

The only through hulls Destiny has left are the scupper drains and the sink. I'm not a fan of holes in a hull and these kinds of issues are why. Really glad you caught a break and a leak before it was too late!
    JERRY CARPENTER - C147
    A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiam.

+ Reply to Thread