Thread: Commander #65 "Lucky Dawg"

Threaded View

It's been an active sailing year so far. I might need to rename Lucky Dawg "Kidship." It is a fun part of sailing her with Sadie and Lucas that they generally bring a friend. We've introduced lots of kids to sailing. Being so easy to sail, they all get to take the helm and get a feel for sailing. I've never kept a ships log, but I'd guess we've taken 20 different kids sailing with us over the years. Pic below of a couple we've included this year.

Lucky Dawg suffered some superficial damage several weeks ago. Bow line somehow popped out of the stbd chock in a storm and her port topsides and part of her toerail took a bit of a beating against the dock. Hopeful this will buff out, It's not a tragedy, but makes for some teeth grinding to look at it.

Got to sail in Maine a couple weeks ago - my folks live in Sedgwick and we visited for my sister's wedding. Sailed several days out of Benjamin River into Eggemoggin Reach. Perfect weather, steady winds for sailing their beautiful 30' Cheoy Lee Bermuda ketch. Topped off the week with a Summer Sailstice sail to Torrey Island with a flotilla of beautiful sailboats. On Tuesday, we motored in my folks 1966 runabout to Center Harbor, under the Deer Island Bridge to Buck Harbor. Great week of water based fun.
    Attached Images