+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ariel #24

Hybrid View

Next year...

Quote Originally Posted by mbd View Post
    I hereby declare that Sea Glass will venture forth for at least a week next Summer with her crew of 4! Perhaps we can meet up then.
    With great enthusiasm, I look forward to meeting you and your family next year on the water. I was hoping to get to Casco Bay this year, but the rudder issue set me back some and I calmed my ambitions down considerably as I didn;t want to be too far from home if my repair failed. We are planning some cliche' stops in Casco Bay next year as I mentioned in an earlier post like Jewell and Eagle Islands. My wife and son have never been there before and they both warrant a stop. We plan to hit the basin and hang out in the best hurricane hole on the east coast, then just bump our way up to Acadia. It is about thirty hours of sailing to get to Acadia from our mooring and we are still working out a loose itinerary. My friend in his CD-27 will probably be with us and my parents expressed interest although they would probably be with us for just a week. What would be a lot of fun would be for you guys to hook up with us for a couple days or more. Even if it's when we buzz through Casco Bay. We'll take some great pictures of two Ariels rafted up for the night in a cozy harbor somewhere in Maine. It doesn't get much better than that.

Thumbs up

Sounds good!
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Click here to see a video of A-24 sailing
    Last edited by Tim Mertinooke; 10-14-2007 at 12:02 PM.

Photo of the day

This was our first trip out to the Isles in July taken by my friend in his CD-27

Last edited by Tim Mertinooke; 10-14-2007 at 12:29 PM.

Tim
    that looks like it was a fun trip, I haven't see an ocean sun fish that close. For some reason we get more than our fair share of sea turtles and seals playing around the boat (although the camera is always home when that happens ).
    Cheers,
    Bill

We'll have some during the summer where I am, but in the winter they sit in large groups sunning themselves on rocks. This picture was taken near my mooring.

Somewhere off the coast of Maine...

+ Reply to Thread