Thread: Ariel #24

Threaded View

Bilge Foam

Is that last pic looking aft under the cockpit?

Yes, it was taken near the sole looking aft toward the rudder tube. The foam that expanded out of the tube appears to be the "Great Stuff" you can buy at the hardware store. Great choice; open-celled, non-waterproof...thank you PO! I plan to remove it and assess from there. If there is an issue with the tube leaking at all, it will be corrected via proven methods not foam and a prayer as someone apparently did before I.

Where's your bilge??
    I was hoping you guys could answer that. It appears as though the deepest part of the bilge was filled. This should make my bilge pump plans more interesting. You guys are going to get a kick out of this once I get started and snap tons of photos of the process.

Looking forward to seeing #24 come back to life. Keep the faith!
    Me too! Faith will not be lost. I have waited a long time to restore a boat like this ariel. She will be re-commisioned this summer and will be used extensively after these minor hic-cups are addressed. My CD Typhoon on the other hand came to me in near perfect shape leaving little to do to her. It got to the point where I was making up projects just to work on her. I replaced the static ports with opening ones, added extra cleats, varnished an outragous number of coats on the teak, etc. Finally I have a floating vixen who needs my love. I have a feeling this relationship will not be one-sided like the Ty's.
    Last edited by Tim Mertinooke; 02-20-2007 at 03:38 PM.