+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ariel #24

Hybrid View

Isles of Shoals...

On our way in 5-10 knot winds. (I opted to flush mount the depth sounder for now for the sake of ease as Bill suggested, it's set in 3M 4200. Yes, that is duct tape you are seeing on the bulkhead. I've been too lazy to fill the holes left from the obnoxious box put in by the PO that I removed.)

A shot of my friends CD27 on the way there.

A very happy camper at the tiller. The indoctrination continues...

Family chilling out down below in the V-berth.

Approaching the Isles after about 12 miles of sailing. This is looking at the White Island Light. The port winch is being reconditioned due to it sticking often in case you were wondering where it was in that shot.

At anchor in Gosport Harbor, Maine.

A sunset, a successful anchoring, a happy wife and kid, a cold beer, a rudder that works...does it get any better?

My wife burning through the new Harry Potter book using our new berth lights.

This is the next morning looking at my boat with my buddies CD27 rafted up beside. I have a 22lb delta that I use for my primary anchor with 50 feet of 5/16" chain and 150 feet of 3/4 inch rode. The anchor held he and I well with no dragging and it set on the first try. I also have a 35lb bruce anchor with 50 feet of 5/16" chain and 150 ' of 3/4" rode, and a big danforth with a short amount of chain and 150 feet of rode. We took this picture from Smuttynose Island.

Here's a shot of that CD27 as we headed back to Newburyport.
    Last edited by Tim Mertinooke; 07-27-2007 at 12:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread