It's nice to have wrapped things up below the waterline, I am pretty sure she won't sink. Now my energies go to the interior. After seeing so many inspirational photos browsing this site, I decided to paint the interior gloss white with brightsides, then replace the original lights with brass ones from ABI. I hope to have things prepped this week and paint this weekend weather permitting.

The replacement lights

Some befores of the bulkhead. The two new lights are going exactly where the other ones were (at least for this year anyway) for the sake of ease.

After removing the weird foam placed in the gap between the bulkhead and the cabin trunk, there was a space that needed to be filled. I decided to use a painter's caulk to make it look like a tight fit. The teak trim of course will be varnished. My hope is that this dark, multicolored, cave of a cabin transforms into a bright and airy one.

Here is the nicely cut bulkhead that left the shop floor in RI 45 years ago. Now that's craftsmanship (note sarcasm in voice.)