+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commander #155 'Mephisto Cat'

Hybrid View

RE: Pic no. 2 above - it's interesting how even Commanders with their small cabins look sort of "top heavy" in the profile view without the coamings. Nice coamings make such a difference on these boats.

I don't suppose you'd mind posting a full blown glamor layout of Mephisto all rigged and assembled? She must look absolutely gorgeous!

Did you paint the topsides as well?
    Last edited by mbd; 08-22-2008 at 09:35 AM.
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

MBD - It is all new Gel-coat all around... Outside, inside, underneath, etc... I got some bits that the Pearson factory even missed...

I even Gel-Coated the lead pigs! - A bit carried away - I know... but is is so much nicer to handle these blocks of lead when they are covered in nice gel-coat.

As I mentioned above - the trick in these matters is to know when to stop painting (coating, in this case!)... I only stopped when there was nothing more to coat!

Pic: This is the very first outing with sails... (a couple of hours before the next picture below was taken), We were just going back & forth in the marina... just to see if something important had been left off (or fell off) before going out on the open ocean!
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Rico; 11-04-2008 at 09:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread