+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commander #155 'Mephisto Cat'

Hybrid View

Final Mast Assembly

I managed to paint the stars only a few hours before taking the whole thing to the boatyard! Painting these on the bosun's chair would have been a bit tougher!

This is my 15 min assembly of the mast... (Which took a full day - by the way!) This is just prior to stepping.
    The detailed eye will note that I still managed to leave one part of the halyards on the wrong side of the spreader! What can I say... The pressure was on!

AND here is a Sneak peek at the Mephisto Cat as it sat in mid-July...

It is now almost done... (Genoa track remains to be installed, and the tools & rags & random stuff replaced witht he proper interior furnishings). But it has logged about 6 hours of sailing so far!

-Hint on the picture below: the Mephisto cat is the smaller boat with its eyes covered!

The antifouling was refreshed around the edges and where little repairs took place. The difference in color is due to most of the antifouling having been underwarter for a season, but now that the boat is wet, the color difference has disappeared completely...

In the next pictures you'll find proof of this Commander's identity and that it is in the water awaiting an upcoming passage (300 Miles) Ensenada Mexico, to Marina del Rey California...

I already bought my little courtesy flag!
    Attached Images      
    Last edited by Rico; 11-04-2008 at 09:56 PM.

Rico, GREAT stuff on the mast! Thanks.

Commanders look real sexy stripped of nearly all the usual geegaws and bling. Even forehatches.....

But are you going to reinstall the wood seat backs?

+ Reply to Thread