+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commander #155 'Mephisto Cat'

Hybrid View

Kendall go it right Carl! Do you have one on your boat currently? (Other than the one you tossed?)
    I had mine re-plated in the batch along with the screw & nut, but I did try to find another sort of fitting for this application and nothing turned up...

Commanderpete;
    Thise are indeed lazyjacks... The PO had them made by a rigger - who did an excellent job of them. They have a nice plastic covered wire for the tops, and a single line for the jacks themselves. The little blocks even have little leather booties!

They are growing on me... I was not so convinced at first. They are a simple install. I will look through my pictures and post that.

The Pulpit nav lights are the handheld emergency LED set that I have mounted while I sort out the originals. They are ready to go, but I am stubbornly scheming to convert these to battery powered LED bulbs. The unit on the bow squeezes about 4-5 full nights out of a set of batteries and they are quite bright. This is the direction I'd like to go. Original nav light fixtures, but with an LED adapted into it...

Does anyone have any insight on this?

The old bulbs in the nav lights are adecuate enough, but they run down my battery. I am trying to get away from using the main battery for anything other than my future autopilot.

This idea will bring me to a conflict when I get to the nice original light fixtures... The little shades grip onto the actual light bulb... I hope I do not end-up putting an LED inside a light bulb in order to be able to keep these fixtures!

UPDATE: For a description of my solution on LEDs see posts further down this thread. For more details on the specific bulbs look at the 'Navegation lights' thread here:
    http://www.pearsonariel.org/discussi...read.php?t=913
    Last edited by Rico; 05-04-2011 at 11:10 AM.

Rico,

I think I have one, I haven't been too concerned because the boat came with two new Bomar hatches.

+ Reply to Thread