+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commander #155 'Mephisto Cat'

Hybrid View

Thanks 147, (just had a 'Get Smart' flashback..!)

I am. - I measured everything and found what I thought was the right location for the track. - After debating whether to adjust the track location for the inboard tailing of the starboard winch in order to avoid rubbing, I decided to maintain a consistent track location and use an additional block to route the sheet and keep it off the coambing.

(I've sailed on a boat where the track location compensated for this winch issue and as a result the pointing abilities were different depending on the tack... - not good.)

You might be able to spot it.... It is barely noticeable on the first picture in post #96. I use one of the cars intended for my Genoa track. I'll never be using BOTH tracks at the same time... so it was not a big issue.

I remember some skipper once befuddling a newbie sailor as she wondered about the direction of rotation of the winches on each side of the boat. He told her that when he bought the boat could not quite afford the 'optional' counterclockwise-turning winch for the port side...

- I'll post some 'action shots' - once I take some!

Picture 1: The sail track location looking forward.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Rico; 08-06-2009 at 10:56 PM.

Rico, thanks for the great pics and set up information! I'm taking copious notes for when I finally get around to re-mounting the genoa and jib tracks. I'm going on three seasons just attaching the blocks to the stanchion bases. (I'm obviously not a racer!)
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Rico,
    I'm about to install a headsail track similar to yours and your work prompted two questions:
    1. How has this worked out? The sailmaker who just made a 125% for me like this but identified a point about 12 inches further aft that he felt would be ideal for the new sail.
    2. What kind/make of track is that?
    Beautiful boat.

+ Reply to Thread