+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commander #155 'Mephisto Cat'

Hybrid View

Rico,
    Thanks for your prompt reply and the offer. Because I'm not launching anytime in the near future, I'm going to hold out and try to locate that which you have used. That would be great if you get the information from the PO, for sourcing, etc..

Bill,
    Most definately I would be interested in purchasing one set of the the rubber extrusions (Pearson weatherstripping) to address the two areas I'm in need of restoring. Even with the price increase, I'm in. Hopefully there will be enough interest within the community to justify / pay for the custom order so we (those that need it now and for those that will need it in the future) can get the right material.

Respectfully,
    Chance

Quote Originally Posted by commanderpete View Post
    Oops. Couldn't see the picture well. I thought it was split in the middle

Nevermind

You would think there would be some automotive product that could be used.

I guess the Association already looked hard for a substitute
    As a matter of fact, yes we did. We obtained about a dozen samples of weatherstripping, but none were, shall we say, "free form" enough to fit the hatch lip on our yachts. Ended up sending samples to a rubber extruder who was able to duplicate the two forms. That was 2001 and we shipped the last of the weatherstripping sets in 2005 or '06.

+ Reply to Thread