+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Commander 131 onboard

Hey Jake - Good progress... The pictures make you boat look GREAT!
    It is a shame that the boatyard goofed and let the water accumulate - maybe they'll be willing to do a bit of clean-up and some restoration work to make up for this...

The sole is likely teak (as it is in all other boats I've looked at) and will not suffer at all. The rest is coated/sealed so the outcome will be more inconvenience than damage. You won't be able to tell that there was that much water in there. Most boats get water int there at some point or another. but getting it dry via a fan is a good idea.

It is possible that a dehumidifier might pull out the moisture a bit too quickly and might cause some problems (??)

Good luck! - you are much closer to getting C-131 in the water!

Jake -

Hopefully you were able to dry the boat out and continue restoring / refitting Francine. Please provide an update when you have a chance.
    MRH

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    Jake -

Hopefully you were able to dry the boat out and continue restoring / refitting Francine. Please provide an update when you have a chance.
    The boat looks great. I had a traveler installed, 9 foot genoa tracks curved around the hull / deck joint, new standing rigging installed, new rub rails, the cockpit drains, and the hardware connecting tiller all have been rechromed, new tiller rolling fuler. Once it is all together will post more pictures. This is like your basic Navy shipbuilding project 4 years overdue and 400% over budget.

Photos of Commander 131 Getting Closer to the Goal Line

We are basically working on new standing rigging and waiting for the jib to be cut for a furler and new cushions.
    54.PDF[ATTACH]6970[52.PDF/ATTACH]
    Attached Images

Jake -

Thanks for the photos and congratulations! Old Francine is absolutely beautiful! I may have sailed her for 25 years but she was just waiting for you.
    MRH

Jake, the boat looks fantastic! Can't wait to see her with sails up.
    Mike E

Commander 131 Photos

Name:  PICTURE 7.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  35.4 KBName:  PICTURE 6.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  35.5 KBName:  boat 2.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  42.5 KBName:  PICTURE 3.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  32.5 KBStill trying to get the yard to finish the puch list, mostly minor stuff but they cannot get thier act together
    Attached Images  

Beautiful! Thanks for posting the pics. I love the bow shot in the first pic - we all sail some fine looking boats.

Hope you have a fantastic season!
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Jake - Words cannot express what you have done to old Francine. Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Now its time to enjoy.
    MRH

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    Francine looking fine on the water

Jake, send me your email for more pics. Your private message mailbox is full.

Peter
    Attached Images  

Commander 131 at Sunset

FRANSINE at sunset
    Attached Images  

I was walking to town and saw an advertisement for an art show. I was pleasantly surprised to see Francine on the advertisement to the show. I was going to contact the photographer to get a print but was told my daughters are already working on that for dad's birthday present.

+ Reply to Thread