+ Reply to Thread

Thread: San Francisco Bay Area Roll Call

Hybrid View

San Francisco Bay Area Roll Call

Hi Everyone..
    I have really enjoyed this site and look forward to hopefully meeting up with some fellow Ariel owners sometime real soon...Just wanted to get an idea of Who was in the Area and perhaps we can get together sometime...So here it goes:

Adam Correa
    Ariel #331 "Che"
    Sausalito, CA

He Che, there was a roster in the last newsletter. It starts with Nor Cal Ariels.

Hi Adam,
    Sean Faul here, berthed at Berkeley marina, O Dock, slip 609. Nice to hear from you!
    Commander #239 "Faith"

In the past the SF Ariel Association would have a yearly event known as the Hoppe Regatta. Maybe with some new owners we should try to pull the event out of the attic and see if we can generate some new interest this spring? I would be interested in assisting with putting it together.
    Ed Ekers - Pathfinder #77

Hello from the North bay...

My Pearson commander #155 is in Vallejo. (I am actually in Hawaii; but I am plotting my departure!)

Ariel Community

Great to hear from you all!!!
    Ed I really like your idea of putting together a little gathering come this Spring. I would be more than happy to help you with that. These are great boats and I look forward to meeting with you all somewhere down the line.

Adam
    "Che" 331
    ...Seremos Como El Che...

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    check this out

http://www.boatingsf.com/ais_map.php

Bill's boat is one of the yellow ones

hoppe reggata

If there is a Ariel / Commander gathering this Spring, count me in!

Portugal Princess out of Brisbane (Commmander Hull #19) looks forward to interacting with her siblings.

I'm returning to life here, after damaging my back enough to stay away from Orinoco Flow hull #100 for almost two and half years. All's well that ends well.
    Adding electronics, and installed a 13 1/2 HP beta marine diesel with a 11 1/2 gallon fuel tank under the cockpit. Kind of fun pulling to the dock and fueling up Orinoco with diesel. I had it with my VIRE 6 gasoline engine. The engine was 44 years old the 6 supposed to represent its Horse Power, I think they meant 0.6 HP. Well, I hope to participate with you guys this year. Che, I am in Sausalito as well Plaza Marine slip 66.

Obsession

Hi..
    Just curious who owns Ariel "Obsession" I believe docked in Clipper Marina here in Sausalito. As I was hauling out this past weekend...it was great seeing a sistership right down the way from me. Purple Sailcover?
    ...Seremos Como El Che...

Thumbs up May 19, 2007 Is The Day

A fun regatta is being scheduled for Saturday. May 19. Come circumnavigate Angel Island (direction is up to you).

START: The start - finish line is located off the Corinthian Yacht Club in Racoon Strait. The race will start at 1200 hours (noon). (Prepatory signal 1150 hours, warning signal 1155 hours.) The power cruiser SOLSTICE is the committee boat.

COURSE: Sail around Angel Island in either direction.

FINISH: SOLSTICE - where you began.

CURRENTS: Be sure to check your tidal charts, they may be important to your strategy. Note too, that currents near Angel Island are 15 to 20 minutes after max at the Golden Gate. An old sailing adage is “hold to the beach.” Also, be aware of the major wind shadow behind Angel Island.

PROTESTS: No protests will be allowed. Rules of the road apply. First qualified boat to finish wins.

ALLOWANCES & HANDICAPS: No allowances for BBQ grills, TVs, excessive tool supplies or cruising gear.

AWARDS GATHERING: The regatta should end early enough to give everyone plenty of time to get to the 6:30 PM awards ceremony. Location TBA, but the current choices are the Encinal YC or Alameda YC bars.

You are invited to attend the gathering whether or not you join the race. In ether case, please let us know your intentions and if you will need guest berthing. The final location will likely depend on the number attending.

HOPPE MEMORIAL RACE COMMITTEE

+ Reply to Thread