+ Reply to Thread

Thread: C#272 pictures

C#272 pictures

Here are some pictures of my commander #272, after looking all over the country on line at the various commanders for sale I found #272 a 1/2 mile from my house , Chapmans school of seamanship, donated in the winter of 06, she had seen a bit of storm damage , scratches in her gel coat and part of the stainless ripped off but other wise quite sound, good deck and quite clean below once the mold was removed. standing rigging all there but old.
    I have started on the hull and below the water line is being prepared for a barrier coat, a few blisters, teak is comming along , and a repair to the rudder, work on the rigging next , and head below for a make over.
    These boats are so pretty, they must be restored! With the recent retro looks in big daysailers on the market and the staggering cost of these beautiful new boats, commander and ariel boats with their sweet sailing ways and lovely looks make more sence all the time!
    Attached Images    

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    Damn fine looking boat

Hmmmm baby blue.......nice

Cool #272

thanks commanderpete, I will send some more pics along , I started with stock Awlgrip light blue and thought it looked washed out , added a little more blue, too bright, and settled for version you see on the boat now, I think it looks great and in keeping with the vintage of the boat,
    The deck is in insignia white and the non skid in a contrast blue tone white

+ Reply to Thread