+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ariel 18 (another RI ariel in long term storage)

Hybrid View

want to find her on a map? ... She's at Sail Newport, 60 Fort Adams Drive Newport RI:
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by bill@ariel231; 07-18-2006 at 05:37 AM.

Any idea is Sail Newport is inclined to sell this beauty? I am in Newport and have been wanting an Ariel for about a year now. Since my wife and I just had a baby a few months ago, I think a bargin boat is the smart way to go right now. Something that is "sailable" but needs some work is what I am looking for. It seems like the baby fits the bill if it is for sale.

Jack

I don't know. I suspect in the case of both #18 & #409 some detective work can get you to the current owner in the case of #18 and maybe someone willing to write a bill of sale in the case of #409. From Sail Newport's website, there is an agreement that unpaid bills for storage will result in a boat being auctioned off. When I last saw "Exodus" listed in the newport paper, the asking price was $6k (that was 6 or 7 years ago). I expect she would actually go for much much less than that... (who knows for a "good home" she may go for the cost of storage).

happy hunting,

Bill
    Last edited by bill@ariel231; 07-18-2006 at 09:29 AM.

Bill,

Thanks for the info. I will swing by there this weekend and see who I can talk to. I have even ran it by the wife and she wasn't completely opposed to the idea.

This would be pretty exciting. My grandparents were the original owners of an ariel. I am trying to find out which hull number they had to see if I can track down its history.

Jack

+ Reply to Thread