+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Insurance Quotes

Hybrid View

I'm paying $230 for a year (liability only) in Chicago. I have no home owner's insurance, so I had to take a specific insurance. It's with Progressive.

marina insurance

My marina required an insurance rider, so I ended up going with BoatUS. They did require a survey (not a bad idea anyway), and then required that some of the identified work be done, but the annual rate is 125 (no inboard).

I guess us Chesapeakers get off easy. BoatUS required a self-survey and some photos when I bought the boat 4 years ago. I'm paying less than $200 a year. It went up somewhat with all the storms last year. My insurance agent says he can never beat BoatUS and thinks their service and features are very good. He refers his customers to them for boats.

I wonder if some insurance company would consider a group of Ariel/Commander owners a "group"?

Skipperjer, I'm in the Bay, cant get too much further north Havre de grace mouth of the Susquhanna River, any rate Boat US quoted 540/yr but wanted a survey.

Maybe the Owners group could funish Boat US with some satistical info, making us more insurable , and better rates.
    #97 "Absum!"

MBD, Just wondering what company your homeowners is with.
    Harry

Peerless Insurance
    It looks like they're only up here in the NE.

Jeeze Harry, I just read your profile. I'm so sorry! All that work... Hopefully, you guys came out OK?

BTW, I think there's an Ariel down your way in need of a loving and capable owner.
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Mike, Going to look at it tomorrow...Harry

+ Reply to Thread