mbd - I can definitely relate to your comments. I would really like to take the boat even if only to be able to WORK on it!

But I have decided to leave it behind. Mainly because of the difficulty in finding a place to moore it. The best estimate was a year's wait...

So, in California it stays...
I've spent 2 of the last 3 weeks in Hawaii and I can't find a way to make this work reasonably...

I hoping to negotiate reimbursed for the cost of a trailer in liu of shipping costs to Hawaii... At least that way I can store it AND have it be somewhat mobile for when I am back in town. This is a nice compromise I think. I can keep the boat and perhaps even use it occassionally.

I am off sailing these next couple of days. I cannot wait. Off to Berkeley to catch the fireworks over the holiday! This should be fun.

Had a great day sailing yesterday. I went out with a friend whose only other experience sailing had been as a recent passenger on my boat. She did really well though. We had a great time.

No sailing in my own boat in Hawaii then... but I plan to be crewing in Hawaii and beyond as much as I can. I hear the passage to Tahiti is a good one... (?)

I will also get started on power kites and will look into rowing with the traditional outrigger canoe groups...

Other than that, I guess I'll use Hawaii as a jumping off point for travel eastward - the bit of ocean between Hawaii and the coast of china is the only gap (in longitude) missing from my travels...

Thnks for the help!

Antonio