Antonio, just a peep from the peanut gallery...

I tend to be stupidly sentimental, and if I had a chance to ship my beloved boat along with me, at no cost other than figuring out the logistics - I'd jump at it! I imagine trying to replace a beloved boat that you've put a lot into would be difficult, especially one of these gems. It's rare to find a really decent Ariel/Commander not needing a lot of work for sale these days. (A50 and A3 from this board excepted)

And Hawaii not sailboat friendly? I find that extremely difficult to believe! Difficult to find a marina? Almost certainly. Local knowledge would be very helpful for that. But, learn to scuba dive and take the boat! You won't be sorry.

Worst case, I'd vote for the "sail her to San Diego and store it in the dry (free of charge) at my parent’s home" route. Can't lose with that one.

In any event, good luck - and when it gets frustrating, just remind yourself - you could have worse problems than trying to decide whether or not to ship your sailboat to Hawaii...

PS. In addition to the owner name Bill is passing on, I know there's a lady in Hawaii on the Yahoo Triton list. Might be worth getting in touch with her too.