+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "revival" for sale

"revival" for sale

I am probably...no not probably..I AM nuts , but #50 is for sale. I am in that "clean house and simplify" mode.A car,a motorcycle,a cedarstrip power boat,a cottage,and 3 sail boats are going.I will later post a pic or 2 my 'pearson electra' restoration if Bill will let me...kind of a mini Ariel. #50 will not be sold unless to a good home...and someone who appreciates the work that has gone into her. Inventory is : main-servicable c/w 2 reef points,150 genny-exellent with window and one reef point,jib-new,spinnaker-blue/white in great shape,150- servicable. 13 lb danforth style anchor/chain/rode/bowpulpit bracket. Data marine knot log and depth-both work with seperate light switchs, proper bulkhead style compass-lit,painted mast/boom, re-cored decks, awlgripped hull/decks, fresh bottom job(trinidad paint-2 coats),new dodger c/w pockets, sunshade c/w rain catcher, main cover...all sunbrella fabric. new exterior bilge pump, new cockpit cushions-filler etc. 1997 6HP evinrude 'yacht twin' sailboat engine NOT used from 99-06 !, 2 -5 gallon tanks, 20 gallon built in water tank/cockpit deck fill, new footpump to sink, new seacock to new pump at sink (raw water) new seacocks @ cockpit drains and head discharge, new interior bilgepump c/w Y valve to shower sump or bilge,new fold away table, backrest cushions, brass lights, brass lamp, barometer/clock etc, strongback supported both sides with mahogany, new galley arrangment/icebox/cupboards etc, wiring fixed up (see pics) new 80 amp battery, fire ext.Y valve @ head -tank/overboard etc etc etc etc etc . Price will be $7500 lots of pics under 'gallery'
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by frank durant; 04-20-2006 at 02:16 PM.

Exclamation

Holy cow!

Folks, the sweat equity is all paid up on this one!! Jump - quick! Before Frank reconsiders...
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

makes me sad.
    Frank's next boat will probably be a Hunter.

Talking We can hope

We can hope he gets 'sellers remorse' and buys another Ariel.

Frank, thanks for the great work you have done to this boat,
    I wish you well in finding it the right home.

s/v 'Faith'

1964 Ariel #226
    Link to our travels on Sailfar.net

Thanks for the comments.Ebb...even if you'r not a 'gamblin man'....you can safely bet it won't be a hunter !! Although a 'magregor 26x' IS kinda nice......ONLY KIDDING
    Last edited by frank durant; 04-29-2006 at 08:12 AM.

Question an educated guess

you are selling out everything to buy a much larger vessel----in the 35-40 foot range-as a full time liveaboard-{I hoida dat happinen}--or your recent voyage left you with the thoughts of such---"why am I out here"---an'yuzza'takinzup' bowling

Sorry Eric...wrong on both counts. My 'big boat' will be 22ft6in long. I will not be taking up bowling ,but will be spending WAY more time exploring by sailboat.I will keep a boat in Vancouver , with plans to explore Desolation Sound,Princess Louisa Inlet and beyond each late aug-late oct...another in Florida with plans to continue to explore the Bahamas (have not even made it to the Exumas yet),Cuba and beyond each early Jan.- early April and here at home I have my lil suncat to play with in my back yard and trailer to the north channel/Chesapeake/Maine etc, during the summer months.All boats will be small..ON TRAILERS..simple and with the capability to be brought home to work on. All 3 would not add up to a good used 35ft $$ wise.With the trailers ,I can seek out inexpensive storage (private individuals) and save huge $$ on storage costs. Here's Revivals replacement. I know it's NOT as pretty...will NOT sail as well or nearly as fast ...but it has a little diesal for extra range(only 380hrs),only 3ft3in draft for the Keys/Bam
    hamas and a history of 'bringing ya home'......and a trailer !!
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by frank durant; 04-22-2006 at 08:48 AM.

How can you afford the gas to tow the trailer ?
    I just spent $50 for 17 gal ! Ouch!

Exclamation not so little

that "little" boat you pictured has sisterships that have known records of long distance off-shore deep water trans oceanic voyaging...I think I know what's in the "back burners" of your mind-----havent you been told that's only for big ships and planes????and how are you going to deal with Godzilla and other seamonsters?what if you fall off the edge into the "unkown realm of fire"?thats what they thought when they truely believed the Earth was flat...some people still think that way today...
    Last edited by eric (deceased); 04-22-2006 at 06:28 PM.

Mike...that would be $77 in Canada !! Once the boat is at it's location...the storage erea to the marina is only 6 miles. I'll save $125mth in storage fees !! And be able to take home or move elsewhere easily if desired. Eric....ya know

Revival

Please contact me regarding your boat. Your private mailbox is full and I have some questions. Thanks...

I keep getting asked about "sail inventory"....to me, ALL the other work is far more important...but here goes
    Attached Images  

2nd reef tucked in
    Attached Images  

spinnaker..#50 sewn on...beautiful original wooden spinnaker pole incl
    Attached Images  

genny with window and a set of reef points (sorry Bill..I'm a cruiser) Look close and you'l see the reef points
    Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread