Chance,
How long is the joint between the bulkhead and hull? Given that you had the patience to do a recore from below I'm guessing you might also have the fortitude to cut the bulkheads out by hand to save $200++. I've seen a lot of bad wood taken out of old wooden boats at the Havre de Grace Maritime Museum Wooden Boat Building School making use of the flexibility of a simple pull saw from Shark.

http://www.amazon.com/Shark-10-2204-.../dp/B00004TBPU

If you can get started down into the joint at the top of the bulkhead one of these flexible saws can be pressed against the hull, flexed and cut into the joint almost flush. My guess is the curve of the hull would allow for this approach to at least rough them out. You may need to do some grinding on what's left. You might score the surface of the hull in the process or go through two saws but have more money to put into new sails. Given the work you're going to do putting new bulkheads in, cleaning up the scoring wouldn't take much.

You might mock up the joint in plywood and give it a try. I've seen some amazing things done this way to try to save old wood on a some old boat rehabs. You might find something a little heftier than the Shark Saw if you looked around. It could take longer to get it done this way but save quite a bit of cash.