On the subject of multi-tools, I recently bought the Dremel Multi-max for a carpentry job that required it. Used to have the variable speed Fein tool years ago, which was stolen from a job back when the meth addicts were routinely hitting construction sites. It was the only tool I did not replace since they were/are so damned expensive and I do not need them often. The Dremel version is available for $99.00 at any home depot. I was pleasantly surprised to find it was every bit as good as the fein, especially for cutting. And the blades are a fraction of the price. Includes variable speed, which is sort of a must, a 6' cord which is about 4' too short and a case which is almost worthless since it has so little room to stock supplies in. But running it, it does not feel as chintzy as the price would suggest. I would only pony up for a fein if I was using it in a constant-use production setting. Even then, it might be more cost effective to burn through dremels. The positive locking teeth on the blades is a big improvement over the old Fein, which would rotate during hard cutting. Perhaps they have upgraded that by now. For the money, I am very pleased with the Dremel. A good value.