+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Ariel #97

The chain plates are installed. and the rub rail is comming along, the windows are ready for tommorrow.

#97 "Absum!"

In the water she goes, Mast to follow today, hopefully if all goes well she'll be ready to sail end ong the weekend/mid week.

#97 "Absum!"

Thumbs up Mediocris Ventus

Absum!
    A posse ad esse.

Put the mast up today, . . . Twice. The first time we had it set in place and ran the fore/back stays and the uppers, dropped the hook down and proceded to take the slack out of the stays and shrouds, then "Oh ****"(uttered by my wife) (timber!!!!) she spun the turn buckle the wrong way, and the forestay went flying, and the mast followed. crushed the sailtrack in where it hit the aft most part of the toe rail, chipping up the new awlgrip. Aie me.

Moral! Tighten up the turnbuckles Before! you drop the hook. The reason we didi it in a hurry is we used the day sail lift and it was bouncing of the mast, in hind sight a little bouncing, is/was/would have been better then the big bounce.
    #97 "Absum!"

Ahh the first weekend of sailing.
    Attached Images    
    #97 "Absum!"

Thumbs up

Feels good to get 'em back in the water, don't it!

Congrats on all the hard work!
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

yes yes it does, was an excellent weekend on the upper bay, friday was 10-15's, sat was 10's, sunday evening blew out to nice cruisin 5's, good temps too, mid 80's
    #97 "Absum!"

Well all, you were an excellent resource. I will be sure to pass along this site to the new owners when she aquires them, as of current she is owned by the marina.

Thank you all.
    #97 "Absum!"

Guess the new owner never showed up, I seen #97 out last saturday below Havre de Grace. Last spring I seen it on CL for $1500. Talk about a gut check.
    #97 "Absum!"

No respect!! Buy her back!

Is this her? I almost bought her last year but the owner seemed to lose interest in selling her. But here she is again, someone will be getting a good deal.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/boa/3040108651.html

One in the same!!

I still think they need sails they are flying the same blown out rags I had up in 06...

Bill found the ad - again up for sale:

1963 Pearson Ariel. A Classic Carl Alberg design. Newer red Algrip paint on hull. Decks redone. Atomic 4, Garmin depth sounding and gps, One main and 4 head sails. Thick fiberglass due to vintage. Chain plates moved to outside for added strength. Email me or provide a number where you can be contacted. Small as they are, these boats have crossed oceans. Reduced to $2999 OBO Moving to bigger boat.

http://annapolis.craigslist.org/boa/3185149610.html
    #97 "Absum!"

#97 new owner!

Hey, so I bought #97 a couple of weeks ago and what-do-ya-know her she is! She is a great little boat and I am super happy. Things in my life got turned upside down this spring and I was fortunate to have been able to sell my boat in CA.... and then buy this little sweet heart here in the Chesapeake.

The PO didnt really know anything about the history of the boat, so aside from what I could see and touch, i bought her 'as-is' on the spot. I was a little anxious, but seeing as how a lot of hard work has already been done to her, i felt pretty good about the purchase.

So... I have some questions...

another 250 nm later

ok, so I have become familiar with the boat... we have bonded and even spent the nite together. but, i have some historical questions, the A4... whats the story? it seems to run fine, but the oil pressure drops quickly below 40 psi and usually its around 10, sometimes less. I have tried to adjust the oil pressure adjustment screw, however, it seems to be at full (open). Was this an issue when you had the boat? has it ever been rebuilt? would the Havre de Grace marina have paper work on maintenance or rebuilds?

Did you service the rudder/shoe when you did the other work? What was the state of the rudder in 06? I say this as it seems a bit sloppy at present.

did you have a water problem at any point? i notice the prop shaft leaks a bit. There are currently 4 bilge pumps... but the bilge seems pretty dry.

thanks!

+ Reply to Thread