+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commander Manuals

Hybrid View

Oh,

sorry guys for asking about the gooseneck, I just couldn't believe that it really IS upside down. Seemed crazy, I wonder if the previous owner did sail with the boat in this configuration...

I've now learned to trust the search function and will only ask if I cannot find something. Didn't mean to foul the forum, sorry again.

Stephan

Thumbs up You Must Read My Post On Sailing an Ariel To Hawaii and Back

That Eye On The Goose Neck SAVED =MY=ASS===that Is How I Jury Rigged A Gooseneck------ Asimple Bolt Thru THAT EYE Into The Existing Mast Fitting-----made A Jury Rigged Gooseneck--think of it like loosing your transmition----BAD NEWS
    Last edited by eric (deceased); 03-30-2006 at 07:33 PM.

Thought it put very nicely by a guy on another channel to someone who was saying the same thing...
    "The only stupid question is the one you were too stupid to ask"

Quote Originally Posted by ebb
    Thought it put very nicely by a guy on another channel to someone who was saying the same thing...
    "The only stupid question is the one you were too stupid to ask"
    I'll give anyone a run for their money in this category.

BTW, there's an article in the latest Cruising Wolrd on fairing and prep work prior to a topsides paint job. Could yield some good basic info. On the other hand, the experienced pros and DIYers on this board can pump you full of more info than you can handle. And as our fearless forum leader Bill inferred, A LOT of topics have already been covered - it's just a matter of digging the info out of the archives.

Another of the forum members pointed out in another thread somewhere (paraphrased): if you screw it up, just sand it and try again. I'll be putting this piece of advice into practice soon as weather warms up.

Welcome aboard Stephan. This is a nice little corner of the web for moral support and info. Congrats on the "new" boat!
    Last edited by mbd; 03-31-2006 at 05:38 AM.
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Talking Light vs Dark hull paint

White shows dirt ( which washes off ) dark shows every ding and scratch ( which don't wash off ) .

One coat of primer and 2 topcoats can handle any color change , even with cheap paint .

I might be wrong on this but I think the goose neck is mounted properly but the boom is rotated. I think the eye at the bottom of the goose neck is for a down haul and the main sail attaches to the bolt on the boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Ekers
    I might be wrong on this but I think the goose neck is mounted properly but the boom is rotated. I think the eye at the bottom of the goose neck is for a down haul and the main sail attaches to the bolt on the boom.
    Sounds right to me. The fitting at the "bottom" forward end of the boom is the one I meant to say is where the sail attaches . . .

+ Reply to Thread