+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So Oregon Boat

Hybrid View

Exclamation I will soon be in the same "boat"

buying and selling boats is nothing new to me.in no way shape or form are boats to be considered a money making venture.{thats my experience and opinion} in enuff time slip fees alone(if applicable) will over run the cost of most small boats.now there are ways around this.but you have to be resourseful.soon I will be in the market for another boat and I need no broker or surveyor to guide me thru the process.

Agreed, but, an exception for me, the buyer of my Columbia Challenger said she was the best of it's type (amongst many) on SF Bay, and paid me $1000 more than I paid. Luckily, I had bought it mint from the Commodore of the Chevron oil fleet, including new North sails. The sad part is several years later I was walking the docks in Sausalito, and there she sat looking a wreck.

Just as in buying houses, I need to do my own looking to get the specs I want + I enjoy the process. I'm sure brokers are helpful for people short on time. I didn't need a surveyor for the above Columbia, but one may not have a choice if an insurer demands a survey. Importantly, liveaboard marinas in SF area demand insurance.

Happy shopping!

+ Reply to Thread