+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ariel interior plans

Smile Ariel interior plans

we just got our Ariel two weeks ago and we are planning on putting the interior back in as it was removed entirely by the former owner. However, he did not write anything down or take pictures. So we were wondering if a drawing with some measurements exist? Please let us know.

Is the interior gone as in no bulkheads, etc? Maybe you want to customize? You can get good ideas by spending some time in the Gallery forum looking at what some owners have done to the interior of their boats.

None of the Pearson drawings that we have, however, include dimensions for the interior, although from the cabin layout drawing in the manual you might get close.

One of the members who has a computer aided drawing program might be willing to get some of the major measurements and then add them to a schematic of the interior.

Or, where is your boat located? Maybe there is an Ariel nearby.

Ariel interior

the bulkheads are there as are the bunks. The companionway ladder is gone also. We live outside Ottawa On. CANADA about halfway from there to the St. Lawrence River. I will look in the gallery thankyou and goodnight.

hi Chris If I can be of any help...I live near Renfrew,so I'm probably only an hour away.I would love to come and see your ariel. frank #50

Hey Chris, take him up on that offer! And see if you can get him to work on your boat while you're at it! Frank's Boat
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Thanks for responding Frank. We would love to have you over and pick your brain for Ideas on the interior and the rudder. and the general condition of the boat. If you have time this Sunday that would be great!!

You can reach us at 984-0904 tonight or tomorrow thanks and have a good night.

Sounds an excellent opportunity, but, given his latest post, think Frank is relaxing/sailing on his Ariel in the Bahamas today. See the end of the thread of the link "mbd" posted above.
    Last edited by xroyal; 03-25-2006 at 09:11 AM.

Nope...I'm back in Canada.I've been posting pics from here.Revival is back in storage.I was away a total of 9 weeks. A 'real' bed sure feels good.

Sorry, must have missed a piece of the thread.

I recall the cold blast I got when flying in from Martinique/Guadeloupe to Baltimore. Must have been a shock returning to Canadian temps.

Glad you're safe and sound!

Yep...thread #114 "revival is back'. You got the 'culture shock' right. Still 1 1/2-2ft of snow here at home. As I type this ,I look out and the river is still froze over.BUT it is gettin warmer.The other shock is phones,people,rush,stress.....life is so much nicer puttin around on a boat.

plans

Plans are available at the Peabody Essex Museum in Salem, Massachusetts. It is Carl Albergs plan 2941 A-C. I needed exact measurements too.

John
    Last edited by Sprite; 03-25-2006 at 09:28 PM.

Thumbs up

thanks john, we will look them up and order a set,Today is finally above 0 C.so the work begins. Thanks again

I've looked over the peabody site and can't find the plans. Do you know of a link to them?

Thanks

For copies, you need to contact the museum directly and order the plans. Not available on line.

thanks Bill we will do that tommorrow. Today did not work out, so we will know more this week about the true condition of her. Thanks again

+ Reply to Thread