+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Original Pearson Hardware

I can measure and supply the dimensions, but it will be a couple of weeks before I get back to the boat to measure. Thanks for asking.

New tiller head?

Are we just talking window frames here from the fabricator - what happened to the rumours about tiller head fittings - only rumours?

Quote Originally Posted by CupOTea
    Are we just talking window frames here from the fabricator - what happened to the rumours about tiller head fittings - only rumours?
    Patients. We are getting information on all the hardware. It's taking some time because they are working out the pricing on new (to them) merchandise.

If you whish to be one of the first to receive this information, be sure we have your name, address and yacht number on file. Just E-mail me the data requested on the registration form.

Things are getting close and we should have the pricing information very soon. We will let you know when the newsletters are mailed.

Do you still need Commander window frame dimensions?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogle
    Do you still need Commander window frame dimensions?
    Thanks, no. Commander Pete supplied the information.

Post Newsletter In The Mail

The January edition of the newsletter is in the mail and it includes the source and pricing for the Pearson hardware originally made by Rostand. There are still a few items that have not been identified and cast, so we don’t have all prices. We’ll keep after it and let you know when we do get more information. The company also noted that their prices could fluctuate a bit due to the market price for bronze.

As noted before, the Association was their first "customer" asking for prices on the Rostand hardware. We are holding off on posting the information to give Ariel and Commander owners a chance to contact them before the "rush" of other Pearson skippers.

If you do contact them, please let us know your experience. From our initial contacts, they seem to be very conscientious and interested in pleasing their customers.

I did not get that info/issue. Can you PM me contact info as I would like to replace window frames. Anybody using tinted replacements?

Post Large Frames

FYI - Forgot to note in the newsletter, but the price for the large window frames includes the necessary fasteners.

Post PRICE LIST & SOURCE OF HARDWARE

From Appendix -B-
    Ariel - Commander Yacht Association Manual

REPLACEMENT OR SUBSTITUTE HARDWARE AND EQUIPMENT SUPPLIERS

Although most of the original suppliers of hardware to Pearson are gone, there are several sources available that can provide original, or acceptable substitute hardware and equipment.

Historical Arts & Casting, Inc.
    5580 West Bagley Park Road
    West Jordan, UT 84088
    TEL: 801-280-2400
    FAX: 801-280-2493
    www.historicalarts.com

Historical Arts acquired the patterns for Rostand Manufacturing's hardware. They are producing deck and cabin hardware for the Ariel/Commander and other early Pearson Yachts. 2006 prices for some of the hardware found on the Ariel/Commander, Triton, etc. (sorry, does not format well):

#52 Bow Light $ ?
    #54 Side Light $ ?
    #56 Stern Light $ ?
    #? Window Frames 17 3/4" x 5 1/4" (7/8") $ ? (Commander)
    #120 Window Frames 11" x 23" $ 220.00 (Ariel, Triton, etc)
    #10 Oval Opening Ports 3-7/8" x 7-5/8" $ 525.00
    #1114 Tiller Fitting 1" $ 210.00
    #2160 Bow Chock 6" $ 35.00
    #2139 Stern Chock 5 2" $ 62.27
    #2143 Four Hole Cleat 6" $ 30.00
    # Four Hole Cleat 8" $ 48.00
    #2554 Ice Box Fastener 4" $ 85.00
    #2174 Hasp $ ?
    #2068 Scupper Strainer 3" $ 24.00

All hardware available in satin bronze. Chrome bronze and aluminum available at extra cost. All items are produced on order. Please allow eight to twelve weeks.

Historical Arts & Castings has an ad in the July/August editon of Good Old Boat on page 73. General info, nothing specific.

Interestingly, the ad headline is "Rostand Custom Grade Marine Hardware" and there are two logos at the bottom of the ad. One for Historical Arts & Castings and the other for IYRS, the marine college that was originally negotiating with Herrington for the patterns.
    Last edited by Bill; 07-16-2006 at 01:04 PM.

I am looking at page 71 of the 2006 July/Aug edition of GOB. The only ad I see is by Hamilton Marine. Is that the one?
    I am currently boatless, but my father in law has a Triton and he always needs something for his boat...

Quote Originally Posted by coffmanb
    I am looking at page 71 of the 2006 July/Aug edition of GOB. The only ad I see is by Hamilton Marine. Is that the one?
    No -- it's on page 73 I'll edit my earlier post . . .

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    I'm wondering if some of the hardware from the Ensign boats could be used by us.

The parts list is here

http://www.ensignspars.com/parts

The drawing on pg. 150 of the Manual says that the Ensign used the same boom as us.

A complete gooseneck assembly is only $89

The large Electra ports look like the ones on the Commander ($95 with glass)

They also have a tiller head and stem head that might be the same.

Might even be a source for a whole new boom if they can make you one a bit longer

They have pictures of some of the parts in this movie. Takes forever to download

http://www.ensignclass.com/Parts%20movie.mov

The leading edge of the stem fitting is shorter than ours by about 2 inches. could be made to work with a bit o' glass work.

The tiller fitting is something I'll be looking into. Mine's seen better days.

I've see the large electra windows up close in club races. they look spot on to fit the commander.

+ Reply to Thread