+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: A-50 Revival

And, what it looked like as he removed all the stuff. Note the pile in the cockpit. Must be something there he can sell on eBay!
    Attached Images  

Question Complex Head

As I get to post these photos, we shall begin by examining some intersting technology . . . an engineer's delight . . . The head
    Attached Images  

Head Plumbing

And, check out these pipes ! Frank says that there are four 1-1/2" and one 1-2/3" hoses going up to the deck -- and four (4) Y valves! Maybe Frank will tell us all how this works . . .
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Bill; 04-20-2005 at 09:08 AM.

Talking Holy Hose !!!

Bill .. if I could tell you how all that worked I would have needed to graduate from Harvard. The guy who installed it must have just bought shares in the hose manufacturing company.....or possibly the company making the plastic 'ties'. There was honestly OVER 60ft of hose total and had to be 100 ties !!! While I have NO doubt this system could ' slice,dice and do julian french fries ' I just couldn't figure it out. All joking aside , you could pump head to tank , head over board and tank overboard......I just couldn't find the instructions. The big attraction to the Ariel was the pleasing lines and simplicity of sailing a small boat.....so ...45ft of 1 1/2 hose , 98 ties and 3 Y valves later I have a simple system again. Guess I should have got that engineering degree !! Frank #50

Varnishing Rack

Frank has been busy remodeling REVIVAL. Here is his "varnishing rack" for the trim. That piece with the holes will show up later on the maincabin side of the strongback.
    Attached Images  

Here is the new "self draining" anchor locker in progress . . .
    Attached Images  

Here is the completed look. Note the new hatch cover. It was shown earlier on the varnishing rack . . . Frank says to note the storage below . . .
    Attached Images  

thief

Bill .. I stole the anchor locker idea from the triton site. Frank #50

Thumbs up Cool !

That is a cool mod Frank.

How much chain do you plan to carry? how much higher would you estimate that shelf would make the chain?

I like the mod, and would think it would be a good way to 'segregate' the chain locker. I plan to carry more chain then I really want to use on a regular basis. Maybe the regular rode (mine is 150') with 30' or so could ride on the shelf while the remainder is laying at the ready below, with the spare anchor and other stuff that could get stand to get wet every once and a while.

Wink Anchor locker

I carry 50ft chain and 150 rode there. I have a further 100ft chain in a bucket in the bilge (ballest) if needed. The lower erea should not get wet. The 'shelf' drains forward and overboard and is 'glassed' in . I'll let you know if it works out in practice like in theory.

Ice Box Conversion

Frank has plans for the ice box area. "Can't belive how easy these came out . . . NOT!"
    Attached Images  

Conversion In Progress

Frank installed a 5-Day cooler, plus 1" foil covered foam on three sides, plus two cans of spray foam. Should be a very efficient cooler.
    Attached Images  

Completed

Jobe completed. Note the 1x3x12 inch board next to companionway. This will swing out with a CP150 chart plotter attached for viewing from the cockpit. Frank thanks Siraccco for the idea.
    Attached Images  

Talking I hate computers

I'd like to thank Bill for taking the time to post these for me.As you can see ..even putting the correct date on my camera eludes me. Would also like to thank sirrocco's posting pic's for many insperations...you'll see more stolen ideas later.PS..the cooler has a hose hooked up that will gravity drain the water.

Double Bunks!

Frank has figured out how to have TWO double bunks on his Ariel. Here is the base for one in the cockpit. He claims it's the best bed on nice nights.
    Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread