+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: A-50 Revival

Inside with # 18
    Attached Images  

Number 19 . . .
    Attached Images  

Frank,

Yes, these are beautiful boats. And, you're not nuts what so ever, in any shape or form. Having only one boat seems as unnatural as asking me to have just one beer. Heaven forbid!

A shower in the v-berth? You bet. One thing I've noticed is ingenuity runs rampant in this forum. If you really want it, it can happen.

It looks like you allready have a post production drain added to the aft of your boat. What's the story behind that?

Tony G

Talking revival

Hi Tony BEST of the season you ya. The "drains" you speak of are 2 factory "scuppers" on either side of the cockpit side deck. I noticed #50 has different cabinetry above both settees also. Could it be the early production models had things that were later dropped ?? The drain at the base of the keel was owner installed , I presume to allow any deck leak water to run out during storage. The decks are now re-cored and everything re-bedded so NO MORE LEAKS!I will post pics of the cabinetry when I figure out how to get pics posted. take care Frank

Frank, A-50's "cabinetry above both settees" is custom by some previous owner. Ditto the companion way door, the cover on the chain locker and the deck scuppers. Early boat's scuppers were 1/2 inch leading to above the water line through hull fittings. Not real efficient. Later boats had one inch scuppers, but in all caes, as the hull laminate saturated, hardware was added and gear got stowed, the low point usually moved aft . . . leaving the scuppers forward of the point where water tends to collect when the boat is docked. Filling the water tank and moving gear forward (& storing the ob on the cabin sole) will help.

Wink hi Bill

I know companionway door and anchor locker cover are not factory but I do believe the "different" shelf arrangement above the settes is from the factory. I have carefully inspected it and can NOT find any evedence it was an "add-on"...it all ties together. The deck scuppers appear to be original..as you say with 1/2" drains. Don"t know enough to make an opinion on them. I will post better pics as I learn how. Merry XMAS to ya ...Frank :

Jeeze, Frank, no hard feelings, but I hope you're wrong about the side deck scuppers. Otherwise I got jipped. We have hull #113 and there is no sign of nice clean looking scuppers like you and some other fleet members have. I've got big, ugly holes in my boat.

I don't know if trust a plug in the bottom of the keel. It seems unnatural to me (and I'm such a natural guy). But I do recall rain water migrating from inside the bilge to the rudder shoe when I first brought her home. Hmm, maybe I'll have to go against the grain on this one.

Wink best of the season to ya

Tony G The scuppers as I call them? are the same as the ones posted in the pics of "sirocco" in "gallery". As to the plug in the bottom of the keel.....I felt the same as you , but then remembered that literally ALL power boats have one. I have heard of sinkings by forgetting to put the plug in , but not from plug failure. Even so , I will epoxy around it to ensure it will NOT come out and will install with plumbers tape for a water tight seal. After I got used to the idea .... I now think it worth while as no water can collect in the bilge in my absence while in storage. #50

Another couple of views of the interior --
    Attached Images  

And . . .
    Attached Images  

Another Boat

Frank asked that I post photos of his latest acquisition. His new boat offers many amenities that we all crave -- including a master cabin 70 feet off the water. . .
    Attached Images  

Of course, any ship worthy of owning will have a decent bow decoration . . .
    Attached Images  

And to fend off those pesky PHRF racers, there is also a gun deck
    Attached Images  

Frank works on his boat in a very friendly yacht as this sign attests . . .
    Attached Images  

But Seriously . . .

Remember those earlier photos of REVIVAL? Well, here is what Frank found on the inside
    Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread