+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: A-50 Revival

Perfect day.
    Attached Images  

Sails goin up.
    Attached Images  

Post New Skipper

Please welcome Bart, the latest owner of A-50 REVIVAL. He just joined the board. Here is what he wrote during the verification process:

"I have Pearson Ariel, hull number 50. Registered in Palmetto, FL. My occupation is an Outward Bound instructor. My interests are engineless sailing, exploring, rock climbing, and scuba diving. I bought my boat a year and a half a go and have sailed it 2500 miles so far. Several times to the Keys, once to the Dry Tortugas, and once to the Bahamas, specifically to Chub Key, New Providence, Andros, and Cay Sal. I was raised in FL, became a nuclear engineer in the Navy, and once out of that have taught in the wilderness since. When gas got to 4 a gal and I turned 50 I bought this boat off Ebay. Never regretted it!"

Welcome Bart

It is good to see another Florida sailor. And Palmetto FL which is home of the Precision factory. My previous boat was a Precision.

Sounds like you have done some serious sailing with your Ariel since you got her. I for one would love to hear about some of your exploites.
    JERRY CARPENTER - C147
    A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiam.

Welcome to the group Bart. I am extremely happy to hear that "Revival" is getting some sea miles on her again. Sure is a pretty, sweet sailing lil ship.
    Post a few pics when ya can

Revival is still flying!

I bought Revival on Ebay and have had a lot of fun with her. That is after I wired the shrouds to the spreaders. On my first overnight I heard something slapping the mast and looked over and the shrouds were off the spreaders. We sail engineless and were on a lee shore. So in the morning I went up the mast a bit and put things back in place and found that they had only been held there with tape! We weren't able to keep them there with just turnbuckle tension and so had to take dock lines and tie the shrouds together. What a white knuckle trip back.
    But since that first night she's been from Palmetto, FL down to Key West, the Dry Tortugas, and one trip to the Bahamas. She's being a lot of fun. I'll post pics soon. I'm glad for all the good work that went into her restoration.

Having some trouble uploading pics so wanted to invite you to Facebook where I have videos and lots of pics sailing Revival. I'm the Bart Blankenship from western Colorado who's kissing the grouper.

Frank, s o m e times you wish you had 'er back !

More than sometimes Ebb....

Sweet memories..... Like an old lover....

+ Reply to Thread