+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: A-50 Revival

Smile real purdee theyare indeed

where is it hauled out?? I hope it aint in hurricaine land.I hopes to be getting "starcrest seven" with in the next year.I am specifically looking for another ariel---maybe my former one.that will keep me out of skydiving to my parents relief.....but then theres a whole ocean as of yet for me to continue to explore.I hope you didnt find the the unabridged version of the recent newsletter accounting of my five year "tragic to magic"history on my ariel to racey or audastic-----but they did an excellent job in recounting my true-tell -all life on that boat. I warned the association top brass beforehand that it was not for the young to read.you had to know the beginning to understand just how fantastic it was. of all the sailing I ever did---it was on that boat that I had the most memorable times.
    Last edited by eric (deceased); 04-17-2006 at 01:07 AM.

Allens /Pensacola is a beautiful protected anchorage. There is a 'hurricane hole' on the east end,anchorage on the s-w end and beautiful beachs and reefs to the north. Pics are the anchorage. Note: there is a famous 'signing tree' on the n beach where cruisers post vessal names or sign various flotsom etc and hang it on trees. PS...beware of 'poison wood trees' walking there...worst than posion ivy !!!
    Attached Images  

Allens/pensacola with my lil 'water taxi' on the beach. That's #50 out back PS...the lil 2HP yamaha STILL starts first pull (ya can win bets) after 22yrs !!
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by frank durant; 04-18-2006 at 12:46 PM.

We had never stopped at 'Spanish cay' before. It was purchased (yep..the ENTIRE island..airport and all)around 1998 by a fellow from the US recently retired from the food industry. It was the 'off season' there until march 30th. I asked if he made a GOOD margorita...he replied...YOU BET...2 1/2 later I could hardly talk or finish my 3rd !!! Nice marina...great service,pool,store etc.....and wicked margoritas !!!
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by frank durant; 04-19-2006 at 05:10 PM.

It was kinda neat havin a 80 slip marina with only 5 boats !!! Kinda felt like ya owned the island. We know about sharks AND THEIR HABITS SO ONE NIGHT AFTER A WALK WE WENT DOWN TO THE unused 'fish cleaning station' and threw rocks in the water. Shortly after, an 8ft shark came slowly swimming by to see if there were fish scraps to eat !!
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by frank durant; 04-19-2006 at 05:03 PM.

Ok...a few pics of the cooler drain...very simple BUT worked great. I would wait until cold water built-up in the cooler
    Attached Images  

Then I would put warm beer/pop..whatever in the 'pail' to drain the ice cold water into , to pre-cool them before putting them into the cooler.Worked great....6-8 days to ice !!!
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by frank durant; 04-27-2006 at 07:40 AM.

I made simple bilge deviders and glued them in place before painting
    Attached Images  

The aft (deep) end of the bilge carried a 24 beer and several bottles of wine UNDER the cans above!!
    Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by frank durant
    Then I would put warm beer/pop..whatever in the 'pail' to drain the ice cold water into , to pre-cool them before putting them into the cooler.Worked great....6-8 days to ice !!!
    I got one that drains out the BEHIND the battery and it works great. Yours looks a little more exciting, what's the red wire for.....

The big red wire is the main 'positive' lead from battery to switch

just reviewing pics and thought I'd post the last few that I figure the gang would find interesting.This is a carrier that I passed in Ft Lauderdale.
    Attached Images  

stern view showing cargo better.For those that don't know...they flood the aft end of the carrier...float on the boats...then pump out the water to raise it up again.If you cruise the east coast of Florida , ya get used to ships...lots of ships.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by frank durant; 05-01-2006 at 03:58 PM.

This is 'all dressed up' after just being launched
    Attached Images  

It's very 'busy' under the sink.The bilge pump has a Y-valve at back-right to divert from shower sump or bilge sump
    Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread