+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: A-50 Revival

Frank

Bravo, you have a beautiful boat and the perfect playground for it...

Bill

Green Turtle Cay is home to 'New Plymouth'..a neat little hamlet of 250 people with 3 lil grocery stores,2 hardware stores and several eateries and bars.A very nice and friendly place to stock up and spend a few days.The 'water taxi' is thee link to the main land...shown here coming in to port
    Attached Images  

Walking distance from 'New Plymouth' is Black Sound..a well protected inlet with mooring balls available for $10 per night. We always enjoy Green Turtle Cay and it's people...a real fun stop on the cruise.Revival swings on her mooring in Black Sound
    Attached Images  

These next few shots are motivation for Ebb to get 'back in the water' and out sailing/cruising.We camped out most of the time,but a few days at the 'old Bahama Bay' resort at the west end of Grand Bahama Isl. is a really nice nice way to end a cruise !! Their marina isn't cheap @ $1.25 ft and a 40ft minimum , but you had all the facilities of the resort included
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by frank durant; 04-12-2006 at 02:56 PM.

The beach erea is great too
    Attached Images  

The bar ain't bad either. Ebb.....You show up and I'l buy !!! Standing offer. We could be sittin there talkin about Thoreau's writings and boat design ...ya know...all the truely important stuff. That IS apple juice....honest
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by frank durant; 04-12-2006 at 07:51 AM.

( s i g h )
    that one heard around the world.
    We're approaching 40 days & nights in the San Francisco area. Been phoning the motel in Santa Cruz for a month putting off our two days now until Easter. The rates have doubled and the forecast is still for more rain.
    338 languishes and so does her skipper. Only thing keeping me going is the eternal image of dolled up Ariels bobbing on a hook in a sunny cove. Frank,
    thanks for the motivationals!

I'm right across the table there.
    Actually I went outside to check on the sun.
    Now I know why that toothy smilie is green.
    Envy!
    Last edited by ebb; 04-12-2006 at 07:59 AM.

Frank, you mentioned the boss' name:
    Here's one for you: "He enjoys true leisure who has time to improve his soul's estate."
    One for me: "Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify! Simplify!"
    Last edited by ebb; 04-12-2006 at 08:29 AM.

Snazzy shirt you're wearing there too, Frank.

PS. Ebb's not the only one you're motivating - thanks!
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Mike...we ALL do 2 things....dream and procrastinate !!! Kinda like when your garage gets messy...ya keep putting off cleaning it out...it only gets worst.Finally one day after waiting WAY TOO LONG ...ya get at it only to find it was way easier than ya thought,ya found some items you'd given up on and ya feel SO much better after....ya wonder why ya didn't do it way sooner. Cruising is like that in my life. I bought the waterway guide in 84 , I had yearly plans , I had a few boats that would have been 'perfect' for the trip south (to my thinking at the time) BUT every year it was work or money or some project....always an excuse ...always put off. Finally in 02 I went.Like the garage clean up , I wondered why the heck I waited SO LONG??...what was I afraid of?? It really is not hard. I do have a 'passion' for boats but I am NOT a great sailer. I can tell you this for sure.If you have basic navigation skills,good anchoring skills,understand weather patterns some what and are comfortable reefing sail etc GO !! It AIN"T majic !! You too will wonder 'what took so long'......go and 'clean your garage'!!
    Last edited by frank durant; 04-12-2006 at 01:01 PM.

Mike...ya don't have to worry about navigation in the Bahamas. In the ENTIRE trip this 'pole' was the ONLY 'aid to navigation' we came across !! Ya DO need charts.
    Attached Images  

Ebb....A quote from Thoreau from his lecture on 'life without principles'....."there is no more fatal blunderer than he who consumes the greater part of his life getting his living" . To him..living life on your own terms was far more important than getting caught up in the aquiring of money and posessions .He was very true to himself. Moral of the story...sail more-work less !!!!!
    Last edited by frank durant; 05-10-2006 at 06:29 PM.

These boats truly do look as good out of the water as in.Carl drew beautiful lines !! ps...the 'trinidad' bottom paint did not even need to be hosed off when I took her out after the cruise...real good paint!!
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by frank durant; 04-15-2006 at 12:00 PM.

OOPS.....I 'just' got lookin at Judy's pics so these will be out of order . The marina at the 'west end' is 1st class as is the entire resort
    Attached Images  

Entrance break water in background. From this point the gulf stream is 'just' to the left...north atlantic straight ahead and the Bahama bank to the right
    Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread