+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: A-50 Revival

Ebb....ya just HAVE ta git dat boat done and IN !!! There are SO many places to go. The marina at Lucayo is 5star...real nice !! "Luciano's" restaurant in town is THEE best I have ever been in...food is that good !! Oh ya...Ebb....Judy loves rough weather too.I am blessed
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by frank durant; 03-24-2006 at 08:07 PM.

Spent 4 days in Lucaya...then a nice reach past Free port on the way to the West End . PS - I'm really not that grey...simply 'sun bleached'..honest
    Attached Images  

Talking how long will you be there

hurricane season cometh. iss' juss'arounda corner ya don' wansta b there 4 da festivities.for the last two years there have been one after the other following the same path.I left the marina in okechobee{since forth never rebuilt} an' wenthru' th'same st.lucie canal aka the "ditch" an' passed many-a- sunkbotze.I tinx I may'o even hit one submerged I dunno.but it has been said===iss'gunna get wirse b4 it gess betta.have yers fun,an' get outta there b4 iss2L8.

No worries Eric...Idun dis ofen..issbacunda ardagin. I alzo ceez many boazunk alongda way
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by frank durant; 03-25-2006 at 07:55 AM.

We sailed past Freeport with it's ships (visions of Ft Lauderdale dancing in my head) and continued on to the 'West End'.We just anchored out,having been there before ,we decided it would make a nice final stop on the return trip before Judy flew home as it is also a beautiful marina and resort.Next am we sailed on to Great Sale Cay...arriving after dark to its anchorage.It's kinda neet waking up and going 'so this is what it looks like' We moved over to the beach erea to re anchor.saw many sharks on the way over.Once re anchored,we were greeted by 10-12 dolphins who came to see who was visiting.They stayed and played for about 20min
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by frank durant; 03-25-2006 at 06:14 AM.

kept my foot in this one to show how close they played
    Attached Images  

We walked the mile + long beach and found the remains of a 3000ft building that had a lil light house and lots of tankage at one time. Wondered what it was. Ole #50 lookin good out there
    Attached Images  

I like 'cruise pics' more , but here's some more boat ideas.This is how the V-berth ended up.I wanted it for storage only , but the cockpit cushions would allow a bunk on the stbd side.Note that I made the forward storage under the V-berth more accessable.I stored tools/spares there to get some weight forward.I did the same larger access to the stbd aft v-berth also.The fillers and table were 'blocked' and tied in place underway.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by frank durant; 03-27-2006 at 02:26 PM.

I screwed down these plastic bins as well as tied them.They carried lots of food etc. Ain't fancy but easy to use and worked out well.The flex tank for the head is under
    Attached Images  

stbd v-berth 'bunk'
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by frank durant; 03-27-2006 at 02:43 PM.

Back to the 'fun' pics.I simply can't get excited about racing....these shots show WHY I sail. The 1000 word pictures. Both shots are of 'Manjack Cay'.A pretty island in the Abacos with a well protected anchorage in any wind but S.It has a beautiful , mile long+ beach on the N side.There is a wrecked barge and tug to dive on with tons of marine life. Friends "Bill and Leslie" ,originally from Florida, bought 14acres there and built their 'lil paradise' over the following years.Wonderful people who love cruisers.On any given Am...cruisers can be found gathered on their front step..having coffee,repairing sails,helping them with projects etc. All with a true "60's feeling" about it.The 1st boat behind the thatched roof is Revival.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by frank durant; 03-30-2006 at 05:24 AM.

Sailing is great.Nothing beats a good breeze ,nice waves and the sound of the boat surging through...but you find as you go along cruising that it is the people you meet !! Everyone is on an adventure..everyone unique! Robert and Emily from Allans Pensacola Cay for example....They are from SC but they hang out there every winter now for 20yrs.Robert is now 67. He sailed his great dane 28 from Denmark home in 1972...then went on to cross back to England and raced the OSTAR in 73.A bottle of wine and an evening listening to stories on his boat is majic. It truely is the people that make it fun.That's Bill and Leslie's home on shore .PS..the lil dark blue boat off to my stern is a Triton..sailed there yearly by a great couple from Main
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by frank durant; 03-30-2006 at 10:48 AM.

Really is a beauty!
    #97 "Absum!"

No wonder you were anxious to get going. Too pretty for words!

Frank, some years ago a sailing friend gave me a 14"x18" teak tray I now eat most of my meals on. Has high beveled edges and nice hand holds in outter edges. Occurs to me it would very handy on a boat. Don't always need a table, and tray would stow easily. Also big enough for a laptop or writing pad. Handy in the cockpit too. 2nd tray for Ms.
    Last edited by xroyal; 03-30-2006 at 04:50 PM.

just thought of a cute story about Manjack cay. I have been anchored there now on 5 occasions. Through Robert/Emily we were introduced to Bill/Leslie at Manjack back in 02. I have never seen so many boats anchored out there. The normal 1-5 had turned into 12-14. I asked Leslie 'whats up" ..she replied 'They're here because we left the wireless internet on..I'll turn it off this afternoon and see what happens'....sure enough the next day things were what I recall as 'normal'.Who'd a thought that even on an out island with no power that the power of the internet would be felt so strongly.

+ Reply to Thread