+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A-50 Revival

Hybrid View

Sailing is great.Nothing beats a good breeze ,nice waves and the sound of the boat surging through...but you find as you go along cruising that it is the people you meet !! Everyone is on an adventure..everyone unique! Robert and Emily from Allans Pensacola Cay for example....They are from SC but they hang out there every winter now for 20yrs.Robert is now 67. He sailed his great dane 28 from Denmark home in 1972...then went on to cross back to England and raced the OSTAR in 73.A bottle of wine and an evening listening to stories on his boat is majic. It truely is the people that make it fun.That's Bill and Leslie's home on shore .PS..the lil dark blue boat off to my stern is a Triton..sailed there yearly by a great couple from Main
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by frank durant; 03-30-2006 at 10:48 AM.

Really is a beauty!
    #97 "Absum!"

No wonder you were anxious to get going. Too pretty for words!

Frank, some years ago a sailing friend gave me a 14"x18" teak tray I now eat most of my meals on. Has high beveled edges and nice hand holds in outter edges. Occurs to me it would very handy on a boat. Don't always need a table, and tray would stow easily. Also big enough for a laptop or writing pad. Handy in the cockpit too. 2nd tray for Ms.
    Last edited by xroyal; 03-30-2006 at 04:50 PM.

just thought of a cute story about Manjack cay. I have been anchored there now on 5 occasions. Through Robert/Emily we were introduced to Bill/Leslie at Manjack back in 02. I have never seen so many boats anchored out there. The normal 1-5 had turned into 12-14. I asked Leslie 'whats up" ..she replied 'They're here because we left the wireless internet on..I'll turn it off this afternoon and see what happens'....sure enough the next day things were what I recall as 'normal'.Who'd a thought that even on an out island with no power that the power of the internet would be felt so strongly.

Frank

Bravo, you have a beautiful boat and the perfect playground for it...

Bill

Green Turtle Cay is home to 'New Plymouth'..a neat little hamlet of 250 people with 3 lil grocery stores,2 hardware stores and several eateries and bars.A very nice and friendly place to stock up and spend a few days.The 'water taxi' is thee link to the main land...shown here coming in to port
    Attached Images  

Walking distance from 'New Plymouth' is Black Sound..a well protected inlet with mooring balls available for $10 per night. We always enjoy Green Turtle Cay and it's people...a real fun stop on the cruise.Revival swings on her mooring in Black Sound
    Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread