John,

The hull # should be on your state registration form (pink slip or whatever). My boat came with the original owner letter as typed by Pearson in 1965. I found a hull number beneath the Formica on the main salon side of the main bulkhead just above the door. Unfortunately it was the wrong hull number. I suppose Pearson attempted to match bulkheads to hulls but sometimes they must have used the wrong bulkheads, or perhaps the formal final hull numbers were actually assigned when the boat left the factory. Thos final numbers may not have been the same as those labeled on some of the components (like the main bulkhead). A boat that started down the line after other boats could have moved ahead of those other boats through production for some reason, and having finished first might have earned an earlier hull number than was originally intended. I base this supposition solely on one anecdote. That is: My boat is hull #330 as documented on the registration and the bronze hull # plaque, but the main bulkhead bears the number #331. See the number 331 on the weird little drawing shown in the "Cave Paintings" thread of the Gallery forum.