A couple of inboard related questions:

1. Shaft alignment: I had my shaft log redone last summer and a new prop shaft installed. Can I assume that it was aligned properly at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Goodwin
If you cant get it just right , get a Vetus shaft coupler . It allows alignment to be several degrees off... Problem solved , but not cheap!
2. Also, I'm a little concerned about engine vibration adversely affecting the new shaft log. Is this "Vetus shaft coupler" the answer? Will it add to the length of the new shaft and necessitate shortening my $$ new shaft $$ to accomodate the coupler?

3. My boat has an old raw water cooled Yanmar 2GM. I believe it is overpropped because I can only run the RPMs up to about 2100 under load and the engine is rated at 3600 RPMs. I'm planning on contacting a local boat shop to check into having the prop repitched. Is there anything else I should do about this?

This stuff is all new to me. I'm gathering all the info I can this winter so I can figure out where best to allocate my boating $$ for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Goodwin
BTW , I have a small Vetus coupler tucked away in the far reaches of my shop . I could be talked out of it. The one I have is good for minor mis-alignment and vibration control . I'll post the spec's when I find it and dig it out of the parts locker .
Mike, let me know - I may be interested if it makes sense for my set up.

Thanks!