C&C 35 mkIII

Ode to a new price....

It is May Day.....and she must go away,
    to a good home, where she can roam,
    and sail all the long day....

....and to help that along....
    ....at the end of this song....
    ....is a new price.....
    ....that someone will find quite nice....

$5000 or best resonable offer

(seriously.....best resonable offer)

And it is not long before she ends up on ebay.....
    And if not there....dreaded donation, which kills me because I still love her so. Really, I wish I could keep both.
    But the boss doesn't want to hear it.

The features and ammenities are listed at the top of this thread.
    -km
    aka, "sell out"
    S/V Beyond the Sea
    C&C 35 mkIII

ya know...I just don't get it. Thats a dam fine lookin boat !! The price is GREAT for the condition it appears to be in. They sail great,are safe,comfortable,fast and seaworthy.....not to mention beautiful boats !!! Why the heck hasn't it sold.Dam fools buying Hunters and Macgregors daily and a REAL BOAT like that sits.....I don't get it

Angry

Someone needs to kick me in the arse, she is in so much better condition then the former "III C's" I purchased. and at 5k!!!

Stupid stupid stuipd, no not you eric.
    #97 "Absum!"

No wonder you feel sick about selling so low. I've a chance on an Ariel here in Oregon for $2500 that looks like boat trash next to your beauty, let alone all the gear you've improved. I'm meeting the owner tomorrow, and I'll be thinking long and hard before I undertake that project. Your boat would be a quick no brainer purchase for me.

Best of luck!!

Maybe worth it to price out some transportation

http://www.haulingdepot.com/boat_transport.cfm

or the like
    #97 "Absum!"

Paul, I requested a quote from your link. I had forgotten Deale, and used Annapolis origin which should give a decent ballpark figure. I hesitate to think what it cost to ship 2-3 tons of boat about 3000 miles, and I'm taking a wild guess it'll be as much as the purchase price.

Wish I still had my lovely house on Chincoteague Island,VA. ...do the Bay one year and the Atlantic the next.
    Last edited by xroyal; 05-05-2006 at 11:46 AM.

Back in the day I wanted to be a "driver" going rate was about 80 cents a mile, I'd assume (bad I know) they would schedule is so they dont deadhead, let us know for grins what they quote ya, (there should be others too) worst case find a trailer to "borrow" and fetch it yourself
    #97 "Absum!"

No word yet. Let's see, assuming my Ford van would haul it (?), 6000 miles round trip, 10 mpg, 600gal x $4ea, only $2400 for gas + beds and food. Heck of a deal.

Just left my marina looking at the Ariel, to much work at any price!

While there a fellow said he had a Catalina 30 trucked from L.A. to Oregon for $5 a ft., total cost in the lake here = $5000 including mast take down in L.A., launching via rental crane and mast setup. So that's only for about 800-900 miles vs about 3000.

Will share the shocking results when I get them.
    Last edited by xroyal; 05-05-2006 at 04:51 PM.

cost to haul from MI to TX was $1/mile

I considered hauling my Ariel about a year ago. The cost worked out to $1/mile, In my case, that was $1200.

I got my quote from someone listed at:
    http://www.by-the-sea.com/
    Too Contagious (1966 Ariel #392)

Update on Ariel Spirit.

Well Keith,

Since neither you nor the new owner have posted it.... I guess I will.

Sold!!!

I am not the buyer, (#226 s/v 'Fatih' is my Ariel of course) I am just the..... Broker.... (no, I think they get paid....) um..... delivery captain..... (No, they get paid too......) I guess I will settle for being the guy who gets to bring a great boat from Deale MD to the New River, in NC.

Well, we ticked off mile 180 of our trip today

'Ariel Spirit' Hull #3 has performed wonderfully!

I am typing this from the courtesy dock at Elizabeth City, after Rose and I stepped for on land for the first time in the last 4 days (had a wonderful dinner at Groupers, and made the Rose brothers 'party' at the town dock).

Day one, out of Deale was one of the best days sailing I have ever had. Had 25-30 knots on a broad Stbd reach for the entire day..... Started late, but still made Solomans Is. in time to watch the last of the sun set.

Day 2 we got caught out in a gale.... pretty nasty, I heard reports of 2 capsized boats (well, powerboats anyway) and listened to one conversation involving a rescue of some folks from a 27' Bayliner (?) that started taking on water and sunk(?!?!). No problem for an Ariel.... (glad to have the manuel bilge pump though).

I will write more on Keith's modifications to this boat later, but I have to tell you the 1) Self tailing winches, 2) Air blower on the Lazy-rat (for motoring in the ICW with the hatch closed) and 3) double life lines and stern pulpit.... have all become 'must have' items aboard Faith.

It was really nice to meet you Keith, and your family. Thanks for doing such a great job with this boat!

We are doing well, and I will catch up more later. Just wanted to give a quick update to let everyone know we were alive and well.

s/v 'Faith'

1964 Ariel #226
    Link to our travels on Sailfar.net

Thanks for the update Craig - good news! And you got a nice cruise out of it to boot! Be sure and let Keith know he can still visit us on the forum even though he's "sold out".
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Sold

Yes, #3 is sold.

I was waiting to post anything until I heard that you all were safely in NC, but since you spilled the beans.....

Brittany (the eventual owner) is a lovely young lady, and will need plenty of help from you old salts out there. So treat her right (or else..... )

Craig, hope all is well, and please post a note when you arrive safely in New Bern (right?)
    -km
    aka, "sell out"
    S/V Beyond the Sea
    C&C 35 mkIII

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    Very good. Congratulations all around

[QUOTE=c_amos]No problem for an Ariel.... (glad to have the manuel bilge pump though).

hmmmmm...waiting for that story. This aint a rental car you're driving there buddy

And who is Manuel?
    Last edited by commanderpete; 06-09-2006 at 01:57 PM.

[size=3]Manuel ?[/size]

[size=3] [/size]

[size=3] Oh, he was the guy I wished I had working the manual bilge pump. [/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3]I am typing up a post on the trip, and will post the details later. It was a great trip and the [/size][size=3]boat is safely tucked in it’s slip on the New River in NC. [/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3]

[/size]

s/v 'Faith'

1964 Ariel #226
    Link to our travels on Sailfar.net

+ Reply to Thread