+ Reply to Thread

Thread: F.S: Commander, Martha's Vineyard

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.

F.S: Commander, Martha's Vineyard

Commander "Rummy" needs a new owner

http://boston.craigslist.org/boa/101667220.html

26" 1965 Pearson Commander - $1200

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: anon-101667220@craigslist.org
    Date: 2005-10-03, 6:17PM EDT

Willing to accept any reasonable offer. Send me an offer as I sadly must part with the boat. Below is an appraisal that was completed by a professional marine broker.

After Viewing and Researching the "26ft Pearson Commander" Detailed Below,

I place the following value on the vessel and all its' equipment including Hull, Rigging, Sails, and accessories.

Using Research of "Blue Books" , National Publications, The internet and Knowledge of the current Yacht Brokerage market.

Current Market Value-------------------$ 2,500.00 to $ 3,000.00
    Boat Description

Year: 1965
    Name.: Rummy
    L.O.A.: 25’7”
    L.W.L.: 18’5”
    Beam: 8’
    Draft: 3’6”"
    Ballast.: 2,500 lbs
    Displacement:. 5100 lbs
    Type: Sloop
    Designer: Alberg---Red Boot Top---Red Bottom
    Color: White Topsides ( Gel)---Beige Decks
    Construction: Fiberglass --Bow Rail--Stern rail Single life lines --LARGE Long Cockpit with lockers under boat sides--- Tiller steering
    Engine: Farryman diesl NOT FUNCTIONING
    Guages:
    Tankage.: Fuel; Two 6 Gal Fuel Tanks Plastic Portible gals,
    Accomodations & Layout:--Starting Forward there is an Anchor Locket then V-berth with Maroon Cushions--Shelf above and Outboard--and a Porta Potti Under --Then aft to starboard is the Galley area with storage under and a Single sink With hand pump .There is a plot Berth to Port extending under the cockpit
    Electrical System: 12 Volt Two Batteries---Fuse Pannell--Interior lighting
    Equipment: Compass--Full Set Of Sails
    Comments: I compared this vessel to several others on the market via the internet. Many were listed in The $ 7,000. Range But had Engines and considerable equipment-----There were also Some in The $3,500.00 Range also with engines although Older ones and less equipment... Thus given The Lack of equipment on this vessel and The status of the engine, I have placed its value as above average.

Location: Martha’s Vineyard Shipyard Airport Facility ---Uncovered

The boat does need some TLC. The floorboards down below need to be replaced due to dryrot. Some of them have already been removed for a project that wasn't completed. Feel free to email with any questions or more photos.

Details are thought to be reliable but are not guaranteed
    Attached Images  

I wonder if the Fairyman Diesel engine is original. Was that an option on the Commander?

Atomic 4s were the factory intalled engines.

Thumbs down

I had one of those Faryman pieces of oil leaking crap once , they are the Yugo's of German diesels . Not even good ballast . They leak so bad you would think they came out of an English car , My TR-4 was a love /hate affair and so was my Jag.

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    eh, $1200 will hardly buy you a weekend on the Island.

You could live aboard the boat, hang out with famous people. Walter Cronkite is always sailing around, the Kennedys, that sort of folk.

Its not considered polite to mention that little bridge on Martha's Vineyard in certain company
    Attached Images  

Are they all wearing khaki? I thought that was a joke

+ Reply to Thread