Thread: F.S: Commander, Martha's Vineyard

Threaded View

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.

F.S: Commander, Martha's Vineyard

Commander "Rummy" needs a new owner

http://boston.craigslist.org/boa/101667220.html

26" 1965 Pearson Commander - $1200

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: anon-101667220@craigslist.org
    Date: 2005-10-03, 6:17PM EDT

Willing to accept any reasonable offer. Send me an offer as I sadly must part with the boat. Below is an appraisal that was completed by a professional marine broker.

After Viewing and Researching the "26ft Pearson Commander" Detailed Below,

I place the following value on the vessel and all its' equipment including Hull, Rigging, Sails, and accessories.

Using Research of "Blue Books" , National Publications, The internet and Knowledge of the current Yacht Brokerage market.

Current Market Value-------------------$ 2,500.00 to $ 3,000.00
    Boat Description

Year: 1965
    Name.: Rummy
    L.O.A.: 25’7”
    L.W.L.: 18’5”
    Beam: 8’
    Draft: 3’6”"
    Ballast.: 2,500 lbs
    Displacement:. 5100 lbs
    Type: Sloop
    Designer: Alberg---Red Boot Top---Red Bottom
    Color: White Topsides ( Gel)---Beige Decks
    Construction: Fiberglass --Bow Rail--Stern rail Single life lines --LARGE Long Cockpit with lockers under boat sides--- Tiller steering
    Engine: Farryman diesl NOT FUNCTIONING
    Guages:
    Tankage.: Fuel; Two 6 Gal Fuel Tanks Plastic Portible gals,
    Accomodations & Layout:--Starting Forward there is an Anchor Locket then V-berth with Maroon Cushions--Shelf above and Outboard--and a Porta Potti Under --Then aft to starboard is the Galley area with storage under and a Single sink With hand pump .There is a plot Berth to Port extending under the cockpit
    Electrical System: 12 Volt Two Batteries---Fuse Pannell--Interior lighting
    Equipment: Compass--Full Set Of Sails
    Comments: I compared this vessel to several others on the market via the internet. Many were listed in The $ 7,000. Range But had Engines and considerable equipment-----There were also Some in The $3,500.00 Range also with engines although Older ones and less equipment... Thus given The Lack of equipment on this vessel and The status of the engine, I have placed its value as above average.

Location: Martha’s Vineyard Shipyard Airport Facility ---Uncovered

The boat does need some TLC. The floorboards down below need to be replaced due to dryrot. Some of them have already been removed for a project that wasn't completed. Feel free to email with any questions or more photos.

Details are thought to be reliable but are not guaranteed
    Attached Images