+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mast winch handle lost

Mast winch handle lost

I recently lost my winch handle for the mast winch. It's now at the bottom of the Bohemia River, just off Town Point, in case there are any divers out there.

Does anyone have one for sale? It's a bummer to have lost it because my other winch handles are too big for the slot. Any suggestions? Help!

Saw one of the #1 handles at our yacht club's Nautical Flea Market last Saturday. The seller also had several handles for the #2 winch. Our next flea market is in the Spring, but maybe you can find one locally. Or, try eBay.

Got 2 #2's, but need a #1. If anyone has one, or hears of one, I'd appreciate it. I could even trade my #2's.

Nevermind!

I went to visit John Griffiths who owns Ariel #1, last weekend and guess what! He had a box of winch handles and at least one #1 handle that now is on board Haabet. We had a laugh about being pack rats, and I am so glad that he is.

So, for the moment, I am back in winch-handle heaven. I'm going to install a pocket on the mast to hold that little sucker and never carry it in my pocket again.

By the way, John is recovering from hip-replacement surgery and he is just beginning to be able to get around after almost 6 months of being unable to even get down to his shop. When he is able, I hope to take some more pictures of his work on Kestrel. With luck, she should be back in the water by next season.

+ Reply to Thread